Author Topic: .ogg files are to big, when .mp3 file is 360 kbs  (Read 1374 times)

I made a song and wanted to convert it into an ogg file so it could be played in Blockland, but when I convert the file, it turns up as 1.2 megabytes, why is this?

OGG files take up more space than .mp3 files, so make your sound shorter.

Wait, I fixed it. I just went to another converting site.
Thanks for posting though.

Ok, new problem, I can't start a single player server with just default add-ons. Anyone wanna help?

I didn't see anything other than:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: Music file "Add-Ons/Music/TF2_-_Intruder_Alert.ogg" > 1mb - ignoring
BackTrace: ->SM_StartMission->createServer->onServerCreated->createMusicDatablocks

ERROR: Music file "Add-Ons/Music/Tetris_Reversed.ogg" > 1mb - ignoring
BackTrace: ->SM_StartMission->createServer->onServerCreated->createMusicDatablocks

ERROR: Music file "Add-Ons/Music/Tetris.ogg" > 1mb - ignoring
that might be causing it.
If not, then I still found that 3 of your music files are not going to work.

File size is too big, make it under a megabyte.

Altered, that was solved, but the new bigger problem is that I can't start a single player server. I got rid of the big music, that didn't do anything, do you thing my .ogg file might be doing this?

Altered, that was solved, but the new bigger problem is that I can't start a single player server. I got rid of the big music, that didn't do anything, do you thing my .ogg file might be doing this?

It's probably formatted oddly to obtain that smaller size.

Got rid of it, and that was the problem, it appears to be able to play in VLC but not in Blockland.

Badspot

• Administrator
Got rid of it, and that was the problem, it appears to be able to play in VLC but not in Blockland.

Please send me the offending sound file at support@blockland.us so I can fix the problem that is making it the game not work.