Poll

Should there be movers for retail

hell ya!
21 (72.4%)
hell na
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Mover?  (Read 10684 times)

Retail has bots...
If you mean multiple people with the same name and ID on a server, those aren't bots. They're multiple instances of Blockland.exe, all launched by the same person.

No, you can spawn a bot, or a so called "AI Player"
Ask Nitramtj on how to do it.

I wonder... Perhaps if we could have movers that, instead of seemingly moving, would just "teleport" to their destination, and when that is done, teleport the player so that he'd be standing on the designated mover brick?

Although this would also mean the possibility of more-or-less floating bricks...

na something simple like i said, a door would make people happy, a elevator will own.

Retail has bots...
If you mean multiple people with the same name and ID on a server, those aren't bots. They're multiple instances of Blockland.exe, all launched by the same person.

I wasn't aware that Torque allowed multiple instances.

ok but if there are no switches or anything from tbm or rtb or aio then what does Retail have that tbm or rtb or aio does not. right now the game is pretty much nothing and i know that this is the first release so i know it will get better over time but if it does not then i wont be happy because i would have payed 20$ to get a version of blockland that is nothing compaired to the other mods. right now i can not find anything better than the other mods and again i know its only been out for a few weeks and it should get alot better over time. and by the way i still dont understand why blr and tbm and rtb and aio cant work together all i can guss right now is that they dont want to share the profit or they fight over who will be incharge or other silly things. and realy i think if they all worked together and did not fight over the money or whos incharge i bet they could not only make the best game ever but they could probably start selling it in stores so you could make tons more money and even better if they were good at coding they could make there own game engine and not have to give garage games 50% of there profit. i think if they could avoid fighting and work together i bet they could make a game good enof to sell in stores. just think badspot selling blockland instores and not having to fight about the money you make you would make plenty of money. does anyone else here think they should all work together and make the best game ever maybe even have a chance at geting the rights from lego to use lego blocks. just think of how cool the game would be if they combined all the mods together.

TBM: Hates everything about RTB, OBL, Retail, AIO ect.
AIO: Old
RTB: Independant and can't work with TBM.

fishpen0

i just want a working door.

i just want movable doors. of a few types (house, sliding glass, castle)

elevators seemed stupid to me, when people could just jet around.
jets cant even be turned off

They CAN be turned off, but only when making a minigame.

i just want a working door.

Register a character named "Door", put him on another computer, and make him stand at the entrance of your building and move him when necessary.

Lock topic, case closed.

oh sweet, now i just have to force everyone to join the game.

i know this ok? its been said again and again at this complaint. theres a obvious change to this thats needed.

what i suggets to start things out is rotating bricks like for doors, no need for colision or that other stuff to hold a guy when moving a brick.

oh sweet, now i just have to force everyone to join the game.

i know this ok? its been said again and again at this complaint. theres a obvious change to this thats needed.
Why not build the thing so that you can't get in without joining the minigame? :P