Author Topic: A quick question about bricks.  (Read 2838 times)

I know that transparent blocks are destroyed a lot easier then normal blocks. How are transparency and color related though? Will a 90% transparent block be destroyed faster then a 10% transparent? Also, are certain colors stronger then others?

I'm guessing he's talking about how many vertex's or something are deleted...pixels....I'm confused @ Wedge

90%, and 10% refer to the transparency of the brick. I never knew there were stronger bricks then others. My guess is color (hue value not transparent/opaque) doesnt effect brick strenght because you can edit the collors of the bricks. Speaking of that mabey someone should make a script to change transparency of collors aswell. I probubly wouldnt allow 0% transparency, but more then 10% is good.

Unless Badspot changed the way brick health was calculated, then yeah, transparency actually has an effect on brick health. Also, applying a light effect to a brick makes it possible to break it with a pistol.

I think I'll go test this now...

EDIT: Light effects turn off when you break their plate. For best effect, use a 1x1 flat or round.

Also, I was able to make something that had an opacity of 254 that didn't break, but I haven't been able to find the cut-off point.

If I can figure this stuff out, be on the look out for a mod that should put an interesting spin on death matches.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:45:30 PM by Wedge »

Cool i never new that pistols could shoot light bricks. Makes sence that they would.

Yeah. Just a quick correction to my post, the brick has to be 1x1 plate or round plate to be breakable by pistol shots.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:50:39 PM by Wedge »

My guess is the reason transparent bricks are easier to break is because they're supposed to resemble glass.
I didn't know about the pistol shooting out lights thing, but it really makes sense.

I know how health is calculated, I was just wondering if the calculations are partially dependent on block opacity or color. Its really a question only Badspot can answer until the mod development kit comes out.

Badspot

• Administrator
Transparent bricks are easier to destroy.  It's an on or off thing, the degree of transparency does not matter.

cool. very good idea. who ever though of this was VERY SMART!