Author Topic: ZAPT: Rooftop Finale  (Read 8147 times)

Well, last week I was surfing through my saves folder and stumbled upon the old ZAPT:  Dam build I made when ZAPT was in the beta stages (can be found on Iban's website).  I didn't really like the build being used for zombies after I made it because it just didn't work that well.  I was craving using ZAPT's Man VS Tank gamemode, so I made a "replica" of Rooftop Finale, from the No Mercy campaign in L4D.  Don't complain that it isn't an EXACT replica, this build was just based off of it (and turned out to look a lot like it).

Notes:
  • This build doesn't require any custom bricks or JVS.
  • I used the MotE colorset, which is an extension of default.  You'll probably have some weird looking colors but that's easily adjustable.
  • This build does not have a Safehouse.  Seeing as it is a finale, you have to survive for a set duration of time.  (Remember, I built this for the Man VS Tank gamemode).
  • There are weapons scattered about the map, already.  The weapon packs are: Tier + Tactical 1, 1A, 2, 2A, (no skins) and the Team Fortress 2 Basic Melee pack.  The other add-ons are Iban's Medpack and Molotov, which work in ZAPT but are also separate add-ons.
  • Alright, save link is up.  You can either download it from here or here.
  • Build was made by me.  However, I used some props from various Blockland Clubhouse builds.

By the way, there are a lot of complaints about how Man VS Tank doesn't work for many people.  When first building this, I noticed that it wouldn't show up for me either.  I managed to figure it out: If you have Client_ZAPT from the beta testing, remove it from your add-ons folder so you can see the Man VS Tank option on the drop down menu.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:27:02 PM by Manty »

That looks cool! Nice work.

So deathrun now c:?

Ontopic: Im so glad to be part of this build c:

This looks familar..... Oh thats it, it looks kinda like rykutas L4B build... But anyway, nice. 10/10

holy purple cow, that's awesome.
Off topic: search Teletubbies on L4D on youtube!

I would so totally go to that "orgy" place

I like organ music lol

If this means you'll never make any more maps, I like it. This is like, the fourth L4D2 or ZAPT campaign.

never make any more maps

Just because other people are posting ZAPT/L4D builds doesn't mean I have to stop, especially if I'm making ones that are actually good.  Although I posted this here, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to be whipping out zombie builds every week or anything, this is only the 2nd zombie build I've made.  (First was the one Iban used during the beta for ZAPT, as mentioned earlier).

• Alright, save link is up.  You can either download it from here or here.

Download link is up.  I forgot to mention earlier, this build also uses the ZAPT events onMinigameRand (1, and 2) to circle through weapons each round.  Adds more diversity to the game, imo, but if you don't want it there it's not hard to remove.

how did you get the helicopter up there

I can't stop staring at it's awesomeness...

I want your building skills.

Now.