Boss Battle - The superlarge project. (Under Construction)

Author Topic: Boss Battle - The superlarge project. (Under Construction)  (Read 2926 times)

This is a forum game in which you pit yourselves against the loving insane power against various iconic videogame characters.

Ruleset

- No Bullstuff (Seriously, The last topic closed because of the massive mob of morons claiming that the thread was stuff.)
- No robbing others of battle items during trades. (C'mon actually give something of your value up for nothing?)
- No flaming or being noobish.
- Get out if you think the thread is crap. (Migrate back to the drama forum you pesky critters.)
- No being ridiculous. (In other words, while trading don't give a very small item and expect a item of glory.)

That's all rules as of now, if any future problems occur, more will be added.

Information on the game

Character creation - Just design a badass character and go buy some badass items for it.

Battle Menu - Is a list of current bosses to fight and areas to explore.
NOTE: This is not a game where you can just battle them, you have to get to them first. Example: You have to venture into Lower Norfair to battle Ridley.

Areas - In order to get to the boss, roam through the area and attempt to find it.

BCash (Battle Cash) - A cash system to buy many things for your character.
MiniQuestion: how to ge moneyz? You have to battle bosses and defeat them and then loot them to get money.

BGear - Battle gear is stuff you can buy from BShop to make your character awesome-er.

BShop - The shop where you buy stuff.

BTrade - A database full of goodies offered for trade.

Arena Mode - Whenever we want to do an arena battle, we must select a boss to fight. We do this by setting up a poll. The first person to successfully defeat the boss recieves 10,000 BCash. 

Development team:

Systems required

Master Script - For me and a few others to control what goes on.

Battle script (Roll to dodge based) - Every time you get a number, the damage of your weapon goes up by whatever it lands on. *Weapon defaults to be added.*

A logo - An awesome game needs an awesome logo.

Contribute to the Dev team and get 75,00 BCash to start with.

Whats done:
Red * means idea done, not started
Blue * means project has started
Yellow * Means Script done, but not put in
Green * means All done!
Black * means that it was canceled.

General Idea *
Battle System *
BCash System *
BShop *
Logo *

Since this is not done, I will assemble a team of Devs (As I said earlier).

I also need a monitor to help (I'm gonna log off of windows in like 20 minutes)
track what's going on. Ask me to be a Dev.

Dev Team
Lead Executive - Me
Head Scripter (Must be good at scripting)
Scripters (Must be good at scripting)
Logo Design (Must be good at designing and coming up with ideas)

That's all, I hope to have this done sometime in January, so stay updated!

Oh yeah, and if you wish, you can merge your clan with this to help the Devs on this project.

Sounds pretty cool. However, I suck at scripting and designing, but I'm epic at ideas. My question: What are a few of the bosses that you will see?
I see that this is going to be an actual game, but let me tell you one thing: games are not easy to make.
Anywho, I can help beta-test some stuff for you or give you a couple ideas. Don't ask me for bosses because... (points at prof. icon)... Yeah. Anywho, good luck.
Oh yeah, and if you wish, you can merge your clan with this to help the Devs on this project.
Hm... I'll think about it.

Sounds pretty cool. However, I suck at scripting and designing, but I'm epic at ideas. My question: What are a few of the bosses that you will see?
I see that this is going to be an actual game, but let me tell you one thing: games are not easy to make.
Anywho, I can help beta-test some stuff for you or give you a couple ideas. Don't ask me for bosses because... (points at prof. icon)... Yeah. Anywho, good luck.Hm... I'll think about it.
Well, this was going to be metroid themed with all of those badass creatures from Super like Ridley and Kraid and Crocomire. Also some like that guy from mortal combat (Forgot his name). Also from like mario and sonic. You can even battle the main characters.

Well, this was going to be metroid themed with all of those badass creatures from Super like Ridley and Kraid and Crocomire. Also some like that guy from mortal combat (Forgot his name). Also from like mario and sonic. You can even battle the main characters.
Wasn't that one guy, like... Snake or something? Anywho, being the Metroid fan I am (:D), this sounds like a good idea. I think I might just learn scripting to help out with this... Well, now that I know the range, I suppose I can give a few more ideas:
 •Biolizard (SAB2)
 •SA-X (Metroid Fusion)
 •Bowser (Mario, duh)
 •Perfect Chaos (SADX)
 •Shadow (SAB2)
 •Dark Samus (MP Dark Echoes, MP Corruption)
There's another boss from SAB2 that I can't remember his name... It's like a robot thingy that shoots missiles and stuff...

Wasn't that one guy, like... Snake or something? Anywho, being the Metroid fan I am (:D), this sounds like a good idea. I think I might just learn scripting to help out with this... Well, now that I know the range, I suppose I can give a few more ideas:
 •Biolizard (SAB2)
 •SA-X (Metroid Fusion)
 •Bowser (Mario, duh)
 •Perfect Chaos (SADX)
 •Shadow (SAB2)
 •Dark Samus (MP Dark Echoes, MP Corruption)
There's another boss from SAB2 that I can't remember his name... It's like a robot thingy that shoots missiles and stuff...
Im loggin off, can you monitor for me and tell me if anybody wants to contribute? I will be on tomorrow, so see ya.

No problem. I'll PM you ASAP tomorrow or before I go to bed.

i'll sign up for suggesting and a bit of designing

i only know how to script in Small Basic, but my scripting skills are stuffty too
i'm a semidecent pixel art designer for sprites
i have a serious clusterbuck of ideas for bosses

i need a good pixel art program that can run on my stuffty second comp

stuffty placeholder logos below
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:25:22 AM by Cybertails1998 »

Volunteer Logo!

EDIT: I killed the topic...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 02:05:49 PM by Blaze0 »

I think we all know a certain iconic videogame character.

Creeper(Minecraft)

It should be the first boss.

I think we all know a certain iconic videogame character.

Creeper(Minecraft)

It should be the first boss.
agreed.
*THE FIRST BOSS! START!*
HOLLY CRAP-
*BOOM*

This thread will crash after three pages, guaranteed*!

*If by any chance the guarantee becomes void, you will be given a moderately overpowered weapon: the High-Output Focused Energy Weapon (HOFEW).

Bump for this to get done :D