15 (3.1%)
They're alright.
40 (8.2%)
Good.
86 (17.6%)
EPIC :3
317 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 485

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Maps - Goodbye old friends :(  (Read 150650 times)

Who made BLIP Islands?
I'm 95 percent sure that it was heedicalking

I'm 95 percent sure that it was heedicalking

No, if you did any research at all, you would find that Heed was never part of BLIP. I was one of the three original founders, and made the map for us because I was the only mapper in our group. Heed then hosted his server at BLIP Islands when Scooler (an original founder of BLIP) posted it on RTB without anyone else's approval. That is how BLIP Islands became a public map in the first place.

A few months later, when I was the only BLIP Administrator still active, I ended BLIP, and changed the name of the map to Paradise Island. This update also allowed me to do simple changes such as make the beach flatter. It also became necessary for me to remove the old map because many people were beginning to think that Scooler made it, because he posted it.

And this is how Paradise Island came to be. If anyone would like a further BLIP history lesson, PM me or IRC me on Blockland. I hope this will be the last explanation I have to give, and the last of the 'STOL
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 11:57:05 AM by Wesley Williams »

The Jumps are cool, but the ski resort is essentially an extension of the Slopes.

No, Ski Resort is completely different than the slopes. The whole point of the map is to have a ton of ski trails and jumps ;)

Anyone have good ideas for other maps? I'm thinking of possibly doing a futuristic city - Sky City.

well the only medieval map we have is camelot and it sucks a little so maybe a medieval town and castle

well the only medieval map we have is camelot and it sucks a little so maybe a medieval town and castle

May do, may do. I'll add these to the list.

You have inspired me to start mapping....

OMFG.....Falls over dead

You have inspired me to start mapping....

You may want to start with my mapping tutorial. It goes over everything in full detail (that I know) with pictures and examples. It isn't near finished (it will go over everything, including Torque Constructor) but you can get all the basics, including using your own textures and such from it. I'll post it on BL Forums soon.

OMFG.....Falls over dead

How is this relevant?

looking good so far and that medieval map better be good for bushidos me-NOTHING AT ALL

looking good so far and that medieval map better be good for bushidos me-NOTHING AT ALL

What?

he's making a medieval weapon set if anyone cares. also you seem to be a very good upcoming mapper, and i am pleased we finally have somebody to make maps nowadays.

he's making a medieval weapon set if anyone cares. also you seem to be a very good upcoming mapper, and i am pleased we finally have somebody to make maps nowadays.

Thanks, I plan on making some great maps in the future. Although I do have a laziness problem, which has led to the fall of some great maps such as Hogwarts.

I'm still debating whether or not to bring the project back...

Also I spend way too much time on random Blockland servers fighting and crap when I could be making maps. I get too lonely making maps ;)

P.S. Check out my new Mapping Tutorial, and start making your own maps!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:20:39 PM by Wesley Williams »

continue it bro, the boredom and long time spent will pay off forum-wise
it will also put you on the board as a mapper