Author Topic: Port Forward + Wii Internet  (Read 3110 times)

I followed Badspot's extremely simple and helpful tutorial to get Blockland port forwarding to work.

And now my Wii's internet connection doesn't.

It's definitely caused by the change, so how can I do both?

I followed Badspot's extremely simple and helpful tutorial to get Blockland port forwarding to work.

I don't quite know what protocols WIIs use, so I can't help. This should be in the help forum too.

Wii Internet

= wiinernet

hee hee, i got that word stuck in my head now

Wiinernet ftw!!!  :iceCream:

I don't quite know what protocols WIIs use, so I can't help.

Jookia, I don't want to be an ass, but why the hell did you even post?

I don't quite know what protocols WIIs use, so I can't help. This should be in the help forum too.

Maybe the fact that you cant have two static ip's that are the same. idk if that even helps though.

Did you do 3. Change Windows TCP/IP Properties.
If you have done that the Wii mite be having a hissyfit because you've changed the IP's to a static.

Did you do 3. Change Windows TCP/IP Properties.

Er... yes? Isn't that essential?

Badspot

• Administrator
Maybe the fact that you cant have two static ip's that are the same. idk if that even helps though.

This is the most likely candidate.  Make sure you didn't set both systems to use the same IP. 

Or you could just buy one of those Nintendo Wi-Fi things you plug into your computer...

I'm having the same problem but I'd rather go alone in my servers then not have Wii internet.  I'm changing everything back to normal.  I will never buy that WiFi thing because it is not needed.

fishpen0

well, that explains alot! I was wondering why I couldn't host no matter what i did...My Wii broke it...

got to do another port forward and then make the changes on the wii.

i think that will fix it  :cookieMonster:

i got a wii.

i tried browsing the forums while online, and found that the wii and blockland seem to fight each other.  and neither ends up with a stable connection.

i have the wi-fi usb thing.

i think its the ports

Space Guy When you are port forwarding make sure you pick the right ip address for your computer not the Wii your computer should have the one that named it or something like that I had the same problem when I was port forwarding for something else.