Author Topic: Alienware M11x (Image Heavy?)  (Read 1120 times)

As of yesterday, I finally got my new laptop, which I've told a few people so far. If you haven't read the title for some stupid reason, it's an Alienware M11x laptop.

I wasn't originally going to post this topic (because I don't have a real camera, just a phone), but someone demanded pictures, so I took them using my phone, then decided to make the topic anyway. So, yeah, sorry for phone quality pictures.

It looks something like this:

And in the dark, looks something like this..! A note for you who aren't familiar with Alienware laptops, I made it so that the lighting changes depending on what application you're on. For example, on STEAM, the lighting is blue. On Minefield/Firefox, it's orange, and on Media Player Classic, it's a combination of orange, blue and green.

Size-wise, this thing is pretty tiny for a gaming laptop. I am generally impressed with the overall size of the thing. Here it is compared to my Asus Eee PC 701:

Since I custom ordered mine off of Dell's website, I chose to get the Silver one (what they call Lunar Shadow). The whole outside of the laptop has a really nice metal-feel.

And also since I ordered it directly off Dell's website...

Now that all the pictures are out of the way, let's talk specs, yes?

- Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 (1.3 GHz, overclockable)
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM at 800 MHz
- 320 GB HDD
- nVidia GeForce GT335m (1 GB VRAM) + Intel GMA 4500MHD
- 11.6" 1366x768 screen, looks really nice by the way
- Windows 7 Home Premium

Total cost of the machine was a nice $979.

The battery life on this thing is very impressive, with all the lighting on, while on Intel graphics, it estimated about seven hours of battery life. While on the nVidia card and while playing a game, it estimated around three hours. This is actually one of the very reasons I got the M11x.

And, overall, I'm very impressed with this thing. It runs everything on my STEAM library extremely well, and that's without even overclocking the processor.

So, yeah. If you want a small gaming laptop that isn't ridiculously huge to carry around, that's able to do quite a bit of gaming, get the M11x. Or, don't. I don't care, it's your decision.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:19:40 AM by Miga »

For Miga, lol awesome :D

Ehh, not bad bro. Would have gone for the 15 or 17x but okay.

Ehh, not bad bro. Would have gone for the 15 or 17x but okay.

Well, I don't really like carrying around larger laptops, the M15x was even too big for my likings, and the M17x...yeah.

my brother had one of these.

before he traded it for a thinkpad. o.o

idiot

I want this one now for my birthday.

Who the forget trades an Alienware for a ThinkPad. That's like trading a loving Lambo for a Fiesta.

Anyway I'm jealous.

Who the forget trades an Alienware for a ThinkPad. That's like trading a loving Lambo for a Fiesta.

Anyway I'm jealous.
idiot

not actually sure it was a thinkpad.. lol

he said the values are different, the one he got is like $200 more.. my parents don't buy it

That light-up keyboard seems a bit too fancy for my tastes

This makes my computer look like a Commodore 64.

This makes my computer look like a Commodore 64.

This makes mine look like a Nintendo 64. :c

that makes my computer look like a gaming computer-OH WAIT

This makes mine look like a Nintendo 64. :c
This makes mine look just fine.

Alienware does a good job. I have an m15x myself, which I enjoy very much.