Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3581996 times)

her hands also don't have palms

scientifically, her four fingers' metacarpals are missing

Are you saying everyone has tiny snakees for the tips of their fingers?

rock-hard tiny snakees
boners

pain tool sai is pretty good i guess

her hands also don't have palms
it's an artistic choice her palms are covered by her sleeves

it's an artistic choice her palms are covered by her sleeves

bullstuff

this is where her thumb comes out from, and since the thumb is attached to the wrist, it means that that's her wrist and there's no way the palm is inside the sleeve

these seem like small details but they really do make a difference between good and bad art

bullstuff

this is where her thumb comes out from, and since the thumb is attached to the wrist, it means that that's her wrist and there's no way the palm is inside the sleeve
this may sound like a lazy cop out excuse but i personally think it looks better the way I did it. Realistic, no, but i think it looks nice.

you're right

it sounds like a lazy cop out excuse

pompmaker is laying the BEATDOWN on bloo

let's at least hope you're more cooperative than zach

Newbie artists tend to make up excuses for the things they don't know how to, or want to draw or put effort into, which is why there's plenty of pictures out there of characters who have their hands behind their backs or in their pockets, and if asked, they also would probably say something like "I think it looks nice", "That's just the pose i wanted for my character", etc

But there are a few other issues with your image if you don't mind the criticism;
  • Like, why does this girl have a shotgun shell in her hair, but she appears to only be wielding an uzi?
  • Her breasts are almost as big as her head, and they go too high up on the torso, they should start at the corner where where the arm starts (around the pit area, basically), not halfway up the base of the arm
  • Her arms are twigs but her legs are E X T R A  T H I C C
  • Her pose is kind of awkward, it's almost like she's falling over, like that scene from the Matrix where Neo bends over backwards to dodge some bullets in slow motion
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:13:33 PM by Masterlegodude »

not going to blame you for the weird hands as they are pretty hard to learn
doesn't mean you shouldn't work on them though

which is why there's plenty of pictures out there of characters who have their hands behind their backs

this drives me up a loving wall holy stuff