Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3557038 times)

stuffty faux-anime cutesy bullstuff sounds right up my alley :panda:

i actually don't know what you mean tho cus when you say that i think of people like socky and tigera which i have to assume is not included because then i would cry
nah they dont count
i dont blame you for not understanding what i mean, i didnt explain it very well. now that i think about it, i dont really know why i described it as faux anime. just, steven universe art style is what i mean

nah they dont count
i dont blame you for not understanding what i mean, i didnt explain it very well. now that i think about it, i dont really know why i described it as faux anime. just, steven universe art style is what i mean
understandable. i think su is one of the better examples at least, especially if you look at the final, more polished movie/future art. shows like clarence i like a lot less. in any case it's probably an acquired taste lol

i got a big appreciation for steven universe's background art tho. steven sugar and the other bg artists did outstanding work on that show

nah they dont count
im an animation student and im going to just cut it short and tell you that if you are going to talk down on animation style, using SU as your example will get you to be laughed at by serious people and understood by children who have no idea what is going on and just like to hate, they might be homophobic too. like fr, go call out big mouth or smt, get behind an actual problem style that is causing creative stagnation in the animation world.
if you would like the long answer just think about how animation is made nowadays and why styles have to be simplistic
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:19:34 AM by Unimproved »

steven universe fans after taking a 4 year geology course only to find out rocks cant be lesbians

im an animation student and im going to just cut it short and tell you that if you are going to talk down on animation style, using SU as your example will get you to be laughed at by serious people and understood by children who have no idea what is going on and just like to hate, they might be homophobic too. like fr, go call out big mouth or smt, get behind an actual problem style that is causing creative stagnation in the animation world.
if you would like the long answer just think about how animation is made nowadays and why styles have to be simplistic
im not calling out anything, im just saying i dont like the art style of steven universe.

rip all western cartoons

i held off on making any claims about the origin/purpose of the so-called "Cal Arts Style" in my post, but i'd be interested in knowing if there's a reason beyond trendiness (for lack of a better term) for the look to have become so popular for a time. it kinda seems like it probably happened just because a lot of these shows are made by people who have worked on shows with similar-ish styles, e.g. adventure time->steven universe->ok ko/craig of the creek and probably others in there too, but i also know the style of these shows is a calculated decision and it makes me wonder if there's some advantage these simplified styles afford in the animation pipeline. i just don't have enough experience or knowledge to make anything too far beyond wild guesses

"cal-arts style" is forever tainted by being associated with john k, just say beanmouths/thin lines.

“Cal Arts” style is a stupid loving misnomer anyway. That school has so many students coming from across the world, you probably couldn’t pin a single style.

this page has no drawings yet so i made this a week ago

his name is buddy spud

i can't wait to see him at the end of my bed tonight

this page has no drawings yet so i made this a week ago

his name is buddy spud
hero

her: you eat ass?
me:

brother's D&D character

dont tell mom please