Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3481778 times)

I challenge you to draw something other than babyfurs and expand your art horizons. No babies or toddlers only adults. Maybe possibly some humans or actual animals.

Y'know I've haven't been drawing for a long damn time but out all of the characters I haven't been drawing on the most are my human characters, So I'm gonna turn that around and show some character designs. some are still in WIP

there.

P.S I've been using the 6B pencil a lot instead of the 2h and 5h pencils. any advice on what pencils should I use for drawing characters?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:31:17 PM by gameboy19 »

MUSCLE MIKU

P.S I've been using the 6B pencil a lot instead of the 2h and 5h pencils. any advice on what pencils should I use for drawing characters?
1: i'm pretty sure no one uses pencils lighter than F for anything other than fancy engineering drafting stuff. don't even bother buying the packs of pencils with 4 different variants of -H. you don't need them. just work lightly with like ... an HB
2: pencil weight literally does not matter at all for anything other than how hard you want to press to make dark lines (and therefore how much you might potentially forget up your paper by pressing too hard instead of switching to a darker pencil), use whatever you're comfortable with. although, judging from the marks on the blank space in your images, it does look like you press rather hard into the paper.

however i do suggest that you stop using the ball-and-stick method for constructing limbs and try some gesture drawing + actual construction methods that make sense
ball-and-stick has almost no basis in anatomy and it's a lot easier to start learning perspective with other techniques that use solid 3d form instead of mysterious circles and lines
also stick figures with the straight lines tend to lead to janky, stiff poses
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:41:31 PM by foulprairiedog »

stop being a baby man
blockland bitches be like "if you draw furry children in sfw situations you are a depraved villain" and then say "I love pompmaker's lewd little girls" in the same breath

blockland bitches be like "if you draw furry children in sfw situations you are a depraved villain" and then say "I love pompmaker's lewd little girls" in the same breath
bro how are they lewd? I say pomps art is good but not that I like lewd little girls

defending a cub artist is bruh
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 02:58:07 AM by Boomsticks Alt »

bro how are they lewd? I say pomps art is good but not that I like lewd little girls

defending a cub artist is bruh
...lol

Y'know I've haven't been drawing for a long damn time but out all of the characters I haven't been drawing on the most are my human characters, So I'm gonna turn that around and show some character designs. some are still in WIP

there.

Well done. Make sure to push poses so that they read better.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 02:11:46 PM by cblock360 »

I made a new character, and his name is Ansekh. He's basically an alien that's a descendant of Anubis, one of the alien beings that humanity worshipped as gods. His people have been enslaved for thousands of years and he's sent to fight in a gladiatorial arena where he's currently the reigning champion. Unfortunately, he doesn't know about his royal bloodline.

1: i'm pretty sure no one uses pencils lighter than F for anything other than fancy engineering drafting stuff. don't even bother buying the packs of pencils with 4 different variants of -H. you don't need them. just work lightly with like ... an HB
2: pencil weight literally does not matter at all for anything other than how hard you want to press to make dark lines (and therefore how much you might potentially forget up your paper by pressing too hard instead of switching to a darker pencil), use whatever you're comfortable with. although, judging from the marks on the blank space in your images, it does look like you press rather hard into the paper.

however i do suggest that you stop using the ball-and-stick method for constructing limbs and try some gesture drawing + actual construction methods that make sense
ball-and-stick has almost no basis in anatomy and it's a lot easier to start learning perspective with other techniques that use solid 3d form instead of mysterious circles and lines
also stick figures with the straight lines tend to lead to janky, stiff poses

I have a tendency to press hard which I'm trying to avoid.

Drawing with no line and circle structure... That sounds rather unorthodox... imo, could be wrong. but may I see an example of so I can get a better understanding of it? I tend to look things in step by step order of sorts if you catch my drift, thanks for the criticism though :p

I have a tendency to press hard which I'm trying to avoid.

Drawing with no line and circle structure... That sounds rather unorthodox... imo, could be wrong. but may I see an example of so I can get a better understanding of it? I tend to look things in step by step order of sorts if you catch my drift, thanks for the criticism though :p

clarification: circles-with-straight-lines-between them is awful. there's nothing wrong with figures made out of lines or putting circles for heads and hands. but short, straight lines tend to butcher the fluidity of poses, so it's better to use long, smooth, swooshy lines instead. i don't use "swooshy" refer to the curvature of the lines. more like speed. you can still use sharp angles to define fluid forms.
unless you're using really tiny paper, you ought to be able to use your whole arm when drawing instead of scratching away with your fingers or wrist for everything. rotating your arm at the elbow or shoulder helps to avoid wrist cramp carpal tunnel type stuff, which is super important. using long, sweeping strokes usually makes it easier to draw lightly instead of digging into the paper as well. this applies to everything. dont get carpal tunnel.

ok. i like sycra so here's some sycra (i havent actually watched these videos cause theyre damn long so i can't verify their effectiveness but usually sycra's pretty good at explaining things)
How to Simplify the Figure for Dynamic Posing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HawWkxpvPw4
How to Use Figure Drawing to Improve Your Drawing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxU0gSjs37I
The Importance of Construction in Drawing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlKRNmGKCC4

sinix also is good at explaining things but he apparently doesn't have a video that covers the whole figure (but his Anatomy Quick Tips videos are great for specific parts) so here's videos with general art tips
Drawing with Energy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5R7qxw5riE
Drawing like a Painter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUM3SHNCfpM
Painting like a Sculptor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3OxonJcXQ

books that you ought to pay money for:
Figure Drawing For All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis
Drawing the Head and Figure: A How-To Handbook That Makes Drawing Easy by Jack Hamm (i had this one lying around for a long time, i think)

sorry if this post is rambling or confusing, i am delirious from sickness.

also because i feel obligated to post art: heed my madness and you shall, presumably, prosper

If you don’t use lines ur gay

just take the L and move on
...lol
im waitin for you to explain
pomp just draws anime girls but none of them are lewd
if pomps drawing "lewd little anime girls" then why aren't you guys calling him a creep or some stuff? he's just drawin anime girls doin everyday stuff
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 05:49:56 PM by Boomsticks Alt »

im waitin for you to explain
pomp just draws anime girls but none of them are lewd
he's literally got a character based around his body-paint and embarrassment kinks, not to mention the constant foot special interest content.
not that there's anything wrong with those. i would be posting my degenerate special interest art here too, if i actually got around to drawing it

also https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=140720.msg9999849#msg9999849