Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3481771 times)

bocci the rock but wheres bocci the block

emaciated Mech pilot. first personal drawing i've done in a year, gettin back on the wagon.

He's just like me when I'm smoking my Marlboros Reds

some concept art from a project I just started working on

beware my boomstick
should include some more traditional gun parts like an ejection port and blowback tubes but this is sick

if the barrel is a retracting/reciprocating one that could help dampen some of the recoil when firing while flying

beware my boomstick
should include some more traditional gun parts like an ejection port and blowback tubes but this is sick

if the barrel is a retracting/reciprocating one that could help dampen some of the recoil when firing while flying

I did actually try a few designs with more gun parts, and I especially wanted to include a breech block since this is based on an AT gun
but since this is meant for animation, every extra part is something I have to draw when animating, and also the addition of more gun parts ruined the broomstick silhouette, so in the end I decided to strip it down to just the gun barrel and the engine nozzle

anyways since it's a magic gun recoil is not an issue, if it ever recoils it will be purely because it looks cool

cant wait for her to three mark that broom

the two little white stripes near the end of the stick are going to be the most often forgotten detail when animating that. omit them or make it one big white stripe.

i don't have any "finished work" that i'm willing to post here but i made a rainbow trout in minecraft with "the joy of painting" mod

I did actually try a few designs with more gun parts, and I especially wanted to include a breech block since this is based on an AT gun
but since this is meant for animation, every extra part is something I have to draw when animating, and also the addition of more gun parts ruined the broomstick silhouette, so in the end I decided to strip it down to just the gun barrel and the engine nozzle

anyways since it's a magic gun recoil is not an issue, if it ever recoils it will be purely because it looks cool
all extremely valid points - thought it was concept art for some game rather than animation, where the extra greebles wouldnt be that hard to deal with. im really looking forward to seeing the final product!

the two little white stripes near the end of the stick are going to be the most often forgotten detail when animating that. omit them or make it one big white stripe.

very true, you can see in the big shot that I already forgot about them even though the muzzle is literally right up to the camera and huge

those are all really cool. I feel like the one second from last looks a bit off balance, but the actual last one is easily my favorite (although it's a close call with the big one in the middle. I think it gets second place for me only because it looks more scifi than witchy. but i like scifi so that's why it still gets ranked highly anyway). sick
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:20:51 AM by Foxscotch »

those are all really cool. I feel like the one second from last looks a bit off balance, but the actual last one is easily my favorite (although it's a close call with the big one in the middle. I think it gets second place for me only because it looks more scifi than witchy. but i like scifi so that's why it still gets ranked highly anyway). sick

I personally will probably be going with the big one, I simply love bulky-ass cannons and the design of my character is trending towards a scifi/modern tacticool side anyways so it'll fit better