Author Topic: .dts Files  (Read 4324 times)

HMK

You use milkshape or a modeler to open them right? How?

Use Torque ShowToolPro, or Shaper. Both of them do not allow editing - thank god. I think Shaper might allow you to export but they come out very crappy.

HMK

Alright, thanks.

HMK

One More Question: Would it be possible to make a model in Maya/Blender and then load it in STP and save it as a .dts?

ShowToolPro is just a Tool to Show you models. Its also Pro.

You'll either need to export it out of blender/maya to Milkshape and then export from there (which can make for crappy models) or you can take the plunge and try exporting directly from maya/blender.

Exporting from Maya is hell, do not try it.

HMK

So...what do I MAKE a model with? I'm getting a tad confused here.

Milkshape, Maya, 3DS Max or Blender. Those are the best ones, and Milkshape is good for starters.

Blender is the only free one. If you want to burn $20, use milkshape. If you're an uber pro with thousands of spare cash, use Maya or 3DS.

HMK

Any tutorials on how to use blender? I can't even seem to place a line... I tried googling and nothing good came up.

Hmm goto www.garagegames.com then use the Search tool you should find a few, I think MS3D is awesome and worth the $20 because I use it nearly every day.

Use Torque ShowToolPro, or Shaper. Both of them do not allow editing - thank god. I think Shaper might allow you to export but they come out very crappy.

Shaper DOES allow editing, i tried it the other day since i needed to convert the jeep from dts so i could open it in milkshape. Then i loaded it in milkshape and i get a bunch of joints and a skate ramp :(

i use milkshape, and it is my Torque modeling life. but ive always been agravated because i cant seem to find a method thats free or close to free tat can allow me to IMPORT .dts shapes back into milkshape formats. any suggestions?

i use milkshape, and it is my Torque modeling life. but ive always been agravated because i cant seem to find a method thats free or close to free tat can allow me to IMPORT .dts shapes back into milkshape formats. any suggestions?
Shaper is the only program.

Shaper is the only program.
Apparently, Some dude is working on a MS3D DTS import plugin. :>