movers2

Author Topic: movers2  (Read 2952 times)

my suggestion for movers is for elevators and if you want doors but im concentrating on elevators.
the add mover gui

1st floor x_____y_____z_____
    add floor

apply            delete

thats about all for the add mover gui

now the gui that you get when you press e close to the brick

go to:
1st floor
2nd floor

etc etc

now the controlls of the first gui

the add floor button does a extral floor place in the gui that you enter the same thing as the other one but for the second floor.

apply activates it

delete removes it

now for the second gui

you click on the floor that you want to go on as simple as that!

thats about all.

Oh christ, read the thread just below this one. It explains exactly why movers aren't currently possible.

wow dude you should have looked at the first post lol.

Hmm...I don't see why lack of brick collisions is a terrible problem. Just take the player's datablock and check if %col is whatever and then do blah...and don't forget to parent it. :D

how come retail cant have movers but other mods can. i have only heard 1 reson and it made no sense to me. by the way i only understand some sripting in the TGE and i cant code.

Retail is not a mod you illliterate piece of cerebral failure, it is completely different from BL0002, off of which RTB TBM AiO and BLM were made.  The way bricks are made and implemented is completely different, they are locked to a grid, they can only rotate in incrememnts of 90 degrees, and only around the z axis.  The fact that Retail doesn't have the %col function(?) is only part of why movers are impossible, a bad idea, or simply stupid.

blocks [.blb], cannot be rotated by anything that isn't 0, 90, 180, or 270