Making new Body Parts

Author Topic: Making new Body Parts  (Read 2527 times)

Sorry is this is a stupid question, but how would one go about making new parts (hands, feet, bodys, packs, hats, etc.) for blockland?
I know how to model decently (been doing it for fun for like...6 years now.) I just have no idea how to get any models in game.

I poked around the forum some, but didn't find anything.

-Nightmare JG

This is the closest thing I could find.
Look in your:
Blockland\base\data\shapes\player
So i'm guessing just somehow take a look at those files and learn from them?

Right now there is no way to add new bodyparts unless you totally haxx it in by hiding the arm node, then mounting your own - but that can go wrong so easily. The bodyparts are all inside m.dts which is the minifig model.

Let's just let Badspot add new items when he feels like it. :|

Aw, that sucks.
Oh well, I guess I'll try making items or something. I'd be nice if Badspot would open the game up a bit more, like in 0002.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 09:11:30 PM by Nightmare JG »

This is a suggestion to Badspot.
Put mount points on the player model on the next release so we are able to place new Items of our choice with out having to use the Arm piece. I'm sure we can work a GUI or a way to use the new Items that we have made with out hacking the Avatar Options.

There ARE mountpoints on the body. Just open the model up in shaper and look at them.

âstrô

omg, good times... :C

omg, good times... :C
lol nice one, I think what you are seeing in Shaper is joints not mount points... The things you need to Make the player Move with animation. But I have no idea I don't have shaper anymore, it expired.