Author Topic: How do you change the ''open with'' thing to unknown program?  (Read 3037 times)

How do you change the ''open with'' thing to unknown program? I accidentally changed it to adobe reader and can not get it back, now none of my add-ons work! Please help me?! :nes:

just change it to open with notepad

Need help with installing or playing the game? Post here PERIOD

Badspot

• Administrator
How do you change the ''open with'' thing to unknown program? I accidentally changed it to adobe reader and can not get it back, now none of my add-ons work! Please help me?! :nes:

Turn on file extensions if you haven't already so you can tell wtf you're doing:
My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View Tab->Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

If file association is wrong:
My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->File Types Tab->Find the file extension you want->Click the "Change" button

there is no tools. I'm running media center edition of windows xp,if that helps. :iceCream:

Turn on file extensions if you haven't already so you can tell wtf you're doing:
My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View Tab->Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->File Types Tab->Find the file extension you want->Click the "Change" button

?That was a little confusing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:49:29 PM by Cat seeker »

Or, right click the file and goto open with > choose new program. Select Notepad, check always use this program, and click open. It will always open with Notepad now.

I do have it set to notepad, but before it was unknown program and it worked fine but i screwed it up and cant get it back. I need answers not suggestions please.

Badspot

• Administrator
We don't have windows media center edition.  Almost no one does.  If you don't want suggestions then the hell with your topic.