Author Topic: Need Help With Scale  (Read 4185 times)

Bob

How do I make my map the same size as the bedroom or kitchen because I made a test map and it was way to small and if I tryed to resize it in blockland editor I would go through it once I resized it. So if some one could lend me a .map file to help my sense of scale or tell me how big to resize my maps that would be great.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:08:01 AM by Bob »

Whats Editor are you using? QuArk or Hammer.
If your using QuArk make the Level the size of the Square which you make your map in but don't make it go outside of it or the game won't like it.

Bob

Thanks packer and yes I am using Quark.

Why not just change the geometry scale in the map options somewhere, or make the map larger until it seems reasonable?

Bob

wait I used the whole square in Quark and compared it to the bedroom and the bedroom is much larger how do I get my maps that large? I dont like working so big   either the walls disapeear and I cat see the whole thing at once and mocheeze sounds like he knows how to fix that I just wish I did.

Look in the options and change the geometry scale. I'm guessing QuArK has this ability.

Just rescale the interior in game, the old beta kitchen map was done this way, it is 7.5 times bigger then its normal size.

Bob

Quote from: Wedge
Just rescale the interior in game, the old beta kitchen map was done this way, it is 7.5 times bigger then its normal size.

Quote from: Bob
How do I make my map the same size as the bedroom or kitchen because I made a test map and it was way to small and if I tryed to resize it in blockland editor I would go through it once I resized it. So if some one could lend me a .map file to help my sense of scale or tell me how big to resize my maps that would be great.

You need to move it around afterwards.

You need to move it around afterwards.
The Collision stays the Same when you Scale it so you move it then the Collision applys back to the model.

Bob

Thanks guys didn't know that works fine now.