Author Topic: Making a weapon for Retail  (Read 4294 times)

Can somone post a tuturial? I FINALLY have the model done.

The RTB weapon code isn't that different from the Retail code, just take a look at the Retail weapons and start changing variables.

I was speaking of the modeling process. I finished the model, now how do i mount it?

Easy, you just use the Joint tool, put a joint where you want the minifig to hold the item, and then after placing the Joint, go to the Joints tab, and highlight the Joint you just placed, then rename it to mountPoint, then for the shotting part, place a new Joint (after de-selecting the last one you put) and go to the Joints tab, highlight the one you just placed, then name that one muzzlePoint

And there ya have it

In MS3D, there are 3 joint options....

In MS3D, there are 3 joint options....
The joint tool, not the select tool in select joint mode

Look on your control panel for a button that says Extrude, on the right of it should be the button that says Joint

My Milkshape expired[size=0pt]my brother made it work forever[/size], me no get why its broken, i can't buy it, i don't got the money...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:48:45 AM by masterlegodude »

Joint tool:
O-Assign unassigned vertices to the nearest joint
O-Add a new joint between the selected one and it's parent
O-Unlink joint from the skeleton
[Selected joint:]
[                                   V]

All i need to do is know how to mount it. After i resize them to fit, and put the code in, i will release them;
It is a pack of 3 weapons (No, they are NOT VERY GOOD):

Battle rifle
Mp-Br
Sten

Now you're just confusing me, i don't got that "Joint tool:
O-Assign unassigned vertices to the nearest joint
O-Add a new joint between the selected one and it's parent
O-Unlink joint from the skeleton
[Selected joint:]
[                                   V]" stuff... I think

Tools>Joint tool
Right? That is the window that pops up.

No no,

THAT makes more sense. But HOW do i make a joint in the first place?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:25:30 PM by yuki »

The joint tool is by the extrude button, they're under the shape tools, which are Sphere, Geosphere, Box, Cylinder, and Plane, those are in the Model tab, IN THE CONTROL PANEL!!! NOT THE BAR ON TOP WITH ALL THOSE OTHER TABS!

I just noticed that... :|