Author Topic: USSR application.  (Read 6216 times)

Hello.
This is Partizan.
I've built a castle as my USSR app, I know it may not be the best thing ever or the most detailed thing ever, but I believe that if I set my mind to something it will come out great, and I don't give up easily.
The castle is not that detailed mainly because it wasn't big enough and I didn't have a lot of detail to put in.
I would really like to get into USSR, and I could also improve a lot by learning from your builds if I do get in.
Here is the application, in video form, just because I care a bit more about getting in.  :cookieMonster:
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=405rnva

Also, a rating from 1 to 10 will be nice and some comments on how I could improve my build.
Thank you.
To finish it off I also have a picture of people hugging Badspot in front of my castle on my server.
It was an honor!  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:46:42 PM by Spartan300 »

8/10
too empty
nice video though

I say ow, YAY, HAY, and FU.

Biggest problem I see is the stairs.  That is all.

You have a lot of work to do before getting into USSR.

I have an application.

It moisturizes your skin with aloe and Vitamin C.

I have an application.

It moisturizes your skin with aloe and Vitamin C.
i lold

I use my application for more than moisturizing...

its good but probably wont get into ussr

Any comments from USSR members? =/
what if I could join to make vids for you guys?

i really doubt this would get in....
but ussr has been rather loose when it comes to retail builds ive noticed....
you might get in...

i really doubt this would get in....
but ussr has been rather loose when it comes to retail builds ive noticed....
you might get in...
Whats that supposed to mean? :\

At the application
I think its too empty, the stairs are not very good looking they need more detail Try to make them look more like stairs and less like 2x4 bricks stacked to make not very impressive stairs, and it seems like the (what you call it..) things on top of the castle walls don't line up well. The over all layout is nice. and it seems to look good with the path and moat. I dont know why you have two stiarcases going up the same room like that, it seems redundant. Sorry man, i need a better app than that, the video was a really cool touch though, that is a great way to show off a build.
overall, a 7/10

that could be said about anyone in the forums right now.

i see near 10/10 ratings for many things in the gallery i wouldnt even consider above 2. these ratings are from everyone, including some very good builders.

i know skill levels need to be thaught of, but right now i think the general communtiy dont know where to set the bar for retail yet.

titanic was 8 i would think, for just being unfinished.
that pirate ship was very good, but i would put at 6 even.

i see tons of 10/10 ratings for half the things in gallery right now and am shocked.

but again its just my opinion
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:07:20 PM by Bisjac »

that could be said about anyone in the forums right now.

i see near 10/10 ratings for many things in the gallery i wouldnt even consider above 2. these ratings are from everyone, including some very good builders.

i know skill levels need to be thaught of, but right now i think the general communtiy dont know where to set the bar for retail yet.

titanic was 8 i would think, for just being unfinished.
that pirate ship was very good, but i would put at 6 even.

i see tons of 10/10 ratings for half the things in gallery right now and am shocked.

but again its just my opinion
I think I've onlt given 2 10/10 ratings.
and I rate most of the other stuf from a 6/10 up. If I see little detail then i rate 5 and below.