Author Topic: System Tool  (Read 955 times)

I recently found a Virus. It's called System Tool. How it works is you download it from a random website and is called a random filename, such as AFL.exe. When you run it it installs all the files deep into your files. It lags the hell out of your computer while scanning. It automatically starts a scan when it starts up. There are setting for it that allows it to stop scanning, starting up, and everything but you have to buy a key first. While you have it it doesn't allow you to open up ANY programs. It won't even let you open up the task manager to end it. If you try and open up a program it closes it and gives you a message saying it is infected and asks you to remove it. Overall one of the worst viruses out there. Considering this is the only real one I've had.

Just a heads up, 99% of the anti-virus software is a virus.

Also if you do download it, you can't open up the remove programs window because it isn't listed. If you find the files and delete them, they are still running. The only way to remove it is system restore.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:21:15 PM by Jasa 12265 »

Everyone should do this:
Make a copy of task manager on your desktop, with a different name. Not just a shortcut of it, an actual copy of the file.

If you do this, and anything stops you from opening the original task manager, you can open up the copy on your desktop, usually without a problem. Then you can terminate any suspicious tasks, and begin using the search feature to find and delete any problematic files.

You don't even need any anti-virus to get rid of this scamware.

hurr :D
nice job

i think i've told this story many times but i'll tell it again: my dad got a virus that stored research on his computer and opens it randomly like, every 2 minutes. it then proceeds to lag the stuff out of it.

and my dad managed to get it. twice.

Everyone should do this:
Make a copy of task manager on your desktop, with a different name. Not just a shortcut of it, an actual copy of the file.

If you do this, and anything stops you from opening the original task manager, you can open up the copy on your desktop, usually without a problem. Then you can terminate any suspicious tasks, and begin using the search feature to find and delete any problematic files.

You don't even need any anti-virus to get rid of this scamware.
It stops practically any file/shortcut. Except itself of course.

It stops practically any file/shortcut. Except itself of course.
Do it anyways. Not all of them stop everything.

Take some ram out of your computer so its insanely slow, and it gives you enough time between boot and when the virus executes to open task manager and end the process, then you can download malwarebytes and kill it.

Ghetto? Yes, but it works

Take some ram out of your computer so its insanely slow, and it gives you enough time between boot and when the virus executes to open task manager and end the process, then you can download malwarebytes and kill it.

Ghetto? Yes, but it works
May work, but at startup, it's already slow enough with 8 gigs of RAM.

As ghetto like the hot towel treatment on the Xbox.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:34:06 PM by Jasa 12265 »

Ghetto like the hot towel treatment on the Xbox.
No, because you aren't overheating your PC by doing this. You're just making it rely completely on page file.

No, because you aren't overheating your PC by doing this. You're just making it rely completely on page file.
Fixed

nothing is different. ._.'
He destroyed the grammar post-edit... How odd

He destroyed the grammar post-edit... How odd

i still dont understand. :c

i still dont understand. :c
It used to say "Ghetto like the..." Now it says "As ghetto like the..."