Author Topic: For your Pleasure:  (Read 10528 times)

What was the point of restarting it? Most of the members I spoke with were pretty pissed and saw no point.

Hey, you're stupid! We didn't know that our members would:
-Purchase retail
-Be good at building 'old school' style with retail
and so we restarted the clan with only the leaders and the server host who is a pro old-schooler, Wizzard. Also, Bones left USSR back in RTB.

SO ANYWAY, ABOUT THE BUILD:
Really really awesome build. One of the best around here so far! You didn't say to rate, so I won't, but damn! Pretty nice, and I like how the stairs go in different directions and down the mountain rather than just forward. I pretty much like everything - except the interior. If you don't mind, could you add rooms? :P That is, unless, whatever that is based off of looked like that on the inside. Either way, this build roxxx.

Also please get back on topic guys :(.

Hey, you're stupid! We didn't know that our members would:
-Purchase retail -lol, The Unknown.
-Be good at building 'old school' style with retail -bs. You saw almost everyone build OS style, including Bones and FlyGuy, but they got kicked anyways.

Some people don't like others purchasing things for them online, for one reason or another, and some people may have decided not to even play retail. It wouldn't be the first time someone in USSR stopped playing Blockland without warning. Also, no I have not seen everyone in old USSR build OS style. Also, the Blockland Retail building style is different than RTB. It also has lights and FX bricks that some members wouldn't utilize properly or at all, and a brick menu instead of just an inventory. This will affect a build's quality, for better or for worse. We decided just to play safe and start fresh. We needed it anyway, Face was starting to doubt some of the members anyway.

1. k (not accepting gifts from others is also rude, its a lose/lose situation :cookieMonster: either way I pwn you in that.)
2. You've seen enough to not kick EVERYONE from the clan. I saw a lot of OS style builds pre-retail around release time, before Face kicked everyone.

1. I did not want Unknown to purchase my retail because it would be awkward having someone across the Earth whom you've never seen face-to-face buying something for you on the internet. I had also feared that things may not turn out as he had said, and he had to return home and wasn't sent off to the army, in which case he would need the money he just spent on buying retails for people (which actually DID happen).
2. If I only selected a few people to kick, they would get jealous of the others and ask why we kicked them only. To avoid this, we booted EVERYONE so it would be fair to EVERYONE. Anyone really determined to stay in USSR would re-apply, and guess what, few have. This shows how much they wanted to stay in the clan.

Now quit derailing this thread and just talk to me on MSN or something.

huh?
"I can't properly own you"?
sure ya can, bitch slap him a couple of times.  :cookieMonster:

Can we not have this stupid war fought in other people's  topics?

Okay:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzzyuytmyjt

Here's the work of the night.  A fair amount of new stuff.  Tested decently in DM, although it was a little cramped with pistols and swords... Pistol kick often made people fly out of the arena, which became a pain.  In the short-term, maybe use bows.  If I get around to it I might make two or three rooms around the back to make a sloping courtyard-type area, which should change up the balance a bit.  Quite frankly?  Probably not going to happen.

No spawn points in there right now.  Make your own, play around.  I'm no pro mapper.

Also, some people complained of lag.  I'm pretty much running on a gaming laptop, so I don't really notice, but it'd probably be a good move to turn off most of those lights.  I wish I could make the little light auras without actually lighting the scene... most of those lights are just there for symmetry.

... Oh yeah, feel free to rate.

I like this because it used the slopes and its sitting on top of the hill, not many builds do that.

You built this on a laptop? You are a trooper.

Can we not have this stupid war fought in other people's  topics?
Yeah, ATI + My laptop = fail.
MEN! TO BATTLE STATIONS!

Well... 3.4ghz, 2 gigs ram, cetera.  :p  Video card is crap (x600) but still.

How much bricks is it?
My specs suck.

Machine name: LAPTOP
 System Manufacturer: Acer, inc.
 System Model: Aspire 5050     
 Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
 Memory: 894MB RAM

i build everything with my laptop....
its all i have

Wow, that's awesome.
Nice job.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 01:17:16 PM by CapTMeaT »

cool! how long did it take to build?  :cookie:  :cookie:   :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie: