Author Topic: SetVehicleAsPlayerControl  (Read 2155 times)

Never use it. I just used it on skill4life's server. The result (too lazy to imageshack)

Never use it. I just used it on skill4life's server. The result (too lazy to imageshack)
I never knew i had that event.
lol.

I think it makes you lose control of your player, so your screen never refreshes and spam gets everywhere.

I think.

I have it.
After the first time using it, I don't know why I still have it.

I think it makes you lose control of your player, so your screen never refreshes and spam gets everywhere.

I think.
Yes. I think respawning should fix it.

Its when whatever vehicle your controlling gets deleted or respawned, your screen glitch, if you Self Delete(1); , that might work, or tell the host via Steam or IRC if you can, to
ServercmdSelf Delete(findclientbyname("name")); you.

Its when whatever vehicle your controlling gets deleted or respawned, your screen glitch, if you Self Delete(1); , that might work, or tell the host via Steam or IRC if you can, to
ServercmdSelf Delete(findclientbyname("name")); you.
why not just respawn the person, wouldn't suiciding need them to be controling a player?

The host would have to do

findclientbyname(Greek2me).instantRespawn();

The host would have to do

findclientbyname(Greek2me).instantRespawn();
Or several other things could work.

I don't understand the picture.

Some sort of glitch?

I don't understand the picture.

Some sort of glitch?

It's what happens when the SetVehicleAsPlayerControl event gets used. Your screen doesn't refresh, so there's 10,000 copies of everything.

To fix it, you would have to be respawned by the host, which lets your screen refresh, which fixes it.

This will also happen, to a lesser degree, on a very laggy server.

What about SetBotAsPlayerControl?

Yeah, this mod is horribly abusive. Using default events you can cause someone to get this error.