Author Topic: USSR Application.  (Read 7439 times)

Hello.
This is Partizan.
I still want to get in and I've spent quite a lot of time on this application.
I would really like to get into USSR, and I could also improve a lot by learning from your builds if I do get in.
I have detailed the build a lot.
Here is the application, in video form, just because I care a bit more about getting in. 
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4gnlkw9
(If you would like to see this build by yourself, since the video can't really show all of it, be sure to tell me)
Also, a rating from 1 to 10 will be nice and some comments on how I could improve my build.
Thank you.

Bones4

...and some comments on how I could improve my build.
Thank you.

Make the actual shape of the building less boxy, that will vastly improve the appearance.

Thanks for commenting and watching the video.
I will do that if I find out how, since destroying the wall would destroy a couple of other things.

Bones4

<3 that song.

Looks very nice @ night.

Thanks.
lol, you probably have no clue what the guy says yet you love the song.  :cookieMonster:

Not all things USSR have to be churchs!
but a 8.5/10 for the kickass lights at night.

Thank you all for comments.
Could I please have one of the leaders look at it and answer please?
Constructive criticism would also be nice.
Thanks again.

Hey there. Partizan, I actually liked your build quite a lot, you put a lot of effort in it. The only cons are that 3 of the walls are basically flat, and also that it is pretty much a big box still.

If you refined your style a bit more I would say a definite yes. However, I am impressed by your enthusiasm so keep on trying.. you're just not quite USSR material yet.. but I see the potential.

How would I make it more round?
(being serious here, not trying to mock you or anything, I'm really asking how would I make it more round)
I could make a nice roof, but I really don't know how would I make it more round...

I don't think he means "round", I think he means "sloped". It's a very nice build, by the way.

I don't think he means "round", I think he means "sloped". It's a very nice build, by the way.
How would I do that though? most buildings are boxed, and are not sloped.
I could add slopes to all of the sides but it would look pretty ugly.
Thanks for the nice comment! :D

Partizan has been banned from the forums...again...so he requested that I post pictures of his updated build.

So post any new opinions here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 04:31:34 PM by Mojo »

USSR is atheist.

Anyways, it could use a bit more work.

I find it pretty cool, alot of ideas put in it are pretty inovative. A very good way to complete it would be to use the same kind of designs you used to build the front and build up designs for the surrounding walls. Because of the way you built it's walls, improvements are very easy using the wand to knock out specific bricks without destroying the entire thing.