missing graphics driver

Author Topic: missing graphics driver  (Read 2439 times)

fishpen0

I have been having some trouble with blockland and I decided to update the driver using your instructions. I did steps 1a-1d and found that I have a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics card.

I then picked NVIDIA from step 2, then followed those instructions. There I discovered that my card
IS NOT ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE! It is a new computer as of Christmas and it is a laptop.

Please tell me I made a mistake, and that it is only my imagination telling me they don't support their own drivers.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:31:21 PM by fishpen0 »

fishpen0

trust some random website or not to trust some random website...that is the question

Do you need me to hold your hand?

Fine... What is the brand and model of your laptop. What is your current display driver version? And what is your OS?

fishpen0

HP Pavilion dv9009us (17" widescreen)
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
version 6.14.0010.8638(english)
Microsoft Windows Xp Media Center Edition

Think that covers it

I would just try the regular display driver...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

I think what we're doing is over think the selection for GeForce Go 7 series selection. The above link says GeForce 6150 supported, and I did a search and there is not graphics card for that model, just an integrated chipset. Which is what you have.

Try it, if failed, go into Safe Mode, System Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Selected Device > Properties > Driver > Roll Back Driver.

And/or create a System Restore Point.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:00:51 PM by ·•{ Awoken } »

Also, HP's driver page for your model: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3289677&lang=en

I'd try this first, if failed, go for my first reply.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:03:29 PM by ·•{ Awoken } »

fishpen0

how did you find that when I already went to their website?

thanks for the help. if this doesn't work I think tomorrow ill go to the store and have tech support do it.  This card/chipset is giving me literal hell, this isn't the only thing it doesn't/barely work with.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:13:05 PM by fishpen0 »

fishpen0

ok, apparently the hp drivers are OLDER than mine...
So much for that.

I'll continue digging around if it doesn't work. Shouldn't be this hard, hell, it's not like trying to get a modem driver to work with Windows ME... heh...

fishpen0

Yeah, you'd think a brand new computer that has a warranty would still have its drivers supported.  Or, that HP would update their drivers page more often. 

Does it matter that i have a 64bit processor when I'm installing these drivers? Or that it has a massive holographic sticker saying "designed for windows vista" on it?  Does that mean I need some sort of XP/Vista combo driver? And do I need a special widescreen display or are you sure the regular display is alright.  Its also high-def does that matter? And its dual screen capable.  I think this thing was designed to die...No computer can do all that and live for long.

If i cant do it by Monday, I'll just go tho the store and make them fix it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:12:03 AM by fishpen0 »

Nvidia don't do drivers for specific cards. Series of cards yes, But not single cards. Look up the latest forceware drivers.

Nvidia don't do drivers for specific cards. Series of cards yes, But not single cards. Look up the latest forceware drivers.

That's true, thanks for confirming for me.

Also, You'll need a 64bit driver, not sure if a 32bit will work, but still should be supported in new drivers, if you have XP installed, you need an XP driver. Vista driver might work, but make sure it says so first. Newer drivers include all resolutions, but only display those the monitor supports. So if you want a screen size not listed, then you need a 2nd monitor, HD should be supported in latest drivers, Dual Screen, yes, that has been supported for a long time with nVidia. Your computer will make it, no worries.

[Edit] - How do you have 64-bit of Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition? Are you sure you didn't get screwed over with a 64-bit CPU with 32-bit OS? lol Unless I've just lost my mind and went noob with computers.

fishpen0

I think i got screwed with a 64bit processor and a 32bit operating system...Mostly because they expected me to install 64bit vista on it as soon as it was available.(too bad I can't afford it)  It came with media edition (the gayest of all versions of XP)

Badspot

• Administrator
Just get the one that says "GeForce and TNT" from the nvidia page