Author Topic: Weird stuff with Google.  (Read 1474 times)

Recently, when I've been working around with google and searching things up, when I type in something and click the link, it brings me to some random page that's covered in ads.

It's really weird, does anybody else get this?

I also reinstalled Firefox and ran Malware Bytes a couple of times, neither did anything.



It does the same thing on Internet Explorer, but not on Yahoo.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:13:42 PM by Orion »

I've been getting something like this.
I google something, then it goes to some Webbar thingymajig and then to nationofsearch which THEN takes me to some EXTREMELY unrelated website (googled 'h' and it took me to a parenting site)

It's annoying the stuff out of me because it's starting to happen on lolbot and other sites when I search things.

Maybe it's some sort of partnership Google's doing with other sites?

Yeah, like I Google "Animated .GIF Resizer" and click the top link, and it redirects me to some ad-ridden piece of rubbish that wasn't the url I clicked for..

Yeah, like I Google "Animated .GIF Resizer" and click the top link, and it redirects me to some ad-ridden piece of rubbish that wasn't the url I clicked for..

I can't even click the links it gives me because it does that stupid webbar/nationofsearch page change. D:


I searched up "pies are yellow" and had no problems. :U

This really does sound like a virus/malware of some sort.

I've got no issues.

Are you using google.com (and not other things like google.com.pk)?


Apparently LolBot backdoor?

try bing
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:18:10 PM by (Hit Man) »

I just did something someone told me to do on yahoo and it fixed it i think, he just told me to delete them cookies and not allow them.


"Oh an image of a search?"
*scrolls down*
|:c

was expecting "ITS A VIRUS" from you, oh well

googled 'h' and it took me to a parenting site
Lol'd.
Anyway I just did and it went out normal.

Yay, I thought I was the only one! thank god