Author Topic: Blockland Stealth  (Read 14996 times)

Impossible!

Everything I say is right, HOW COULD I BE WROONG!!

How was that even relevant to what I said you tit licker

We should find Kalphiter and beat him up for being so stupid

Everyone, for some reason, sees Facebook then tries to repeat its start and fails miserably at it.
I agree, why do people need to make 'social' things.
It's already a multiplayer game where we can all talk to each other anytime.

I agree, why do people need to make 'social' things.

Tell that to Facebook.

So what is the issue with adding another layer of player interaction?

Another forgeten mod manager??? We got BL cloud, this stuff, RTB and that thing that Tyler66 made please stop making these things

Another forgeten mod manager??? We got BL cloud, this stuff, RTB and that thing that Tyler66 made please stop making these things

Did you even read the OP's post?

I could be wrong about what I said, but this may help me out.

The file sharing (ex. Voicemail feature). You plan to use P2P file sharing? I have tried this, and failed. I checked a Visual basic forum topic to find it was not supported.
And isn't handling web objects (ex. Filtering files) not supported as well?
Actually, all that can be done with VB.
The only difference between C# and VB except for syntax stuff is that VB does not have an equivalent to the C# "yield" keyword.
What you are talking about as stuff being not supported is just stuff that you need a library for, and since both VB and C# compiles to CIL they both use the same libraries. In other words, stop searching for VB and search for .NET instead.

So your moderators are going to review addons? Doesn't that defeat the point of addon trading?

You can't use an SQL Query because the data is uncensored. You have to convert it to DSO which would't work because you need the Game Engine to do that.
An average user doesn't care what software is written in or what protocol(s) it uses as long as it works.

And if you're going to store the addons in a MySQL database (for example), couldn't you use the BLOB datatype and then have the user download the addons over HTTP from a PHP (or Python, perl, ruby, whatever) script that pulls the zip from the database? Or am I missing the point?

This does not manage mods. You can trade mod4mod and download them.
If your service installs the private mod that was traded, then that is the definition of mod management. If not, the service is pointless because you should just exchange mods over PMs/emails and install them yourself instead.

Tell that to Facebook.
Facebook is an independent website, not a service based around a game.

The Mod Department will review mods. I don't want someone uploading a blank Weapon_Mininuke and scamming someone. Nor do I want someone posting a random Zip file. That would be the only review for mods. Also if it is a malmod it will get binned.

You guys do know that Mod Market is not the only feature? Think about clans. You use the New Clan Dialog to make a new clan. You choose a name, a type(building, scripting, modelling, acting, etc), a logo, and a description. After you create your clan, you are automatically given control over your page. You can add news to it, modify it, change up some things, etc. You can  post news, events, and manage members. If a user wants to join your clan, they can send you an app directly to the clan. If you like the app, and accept it, the user is automatically in. Stealth isn't just a Mod Market.

Speaking of Mod Market, you should know about Tracking. When you post a mod, you get a tracking number. You can use the tracking tool to track your mod. You can also give it to users on your server who want to know when you have received that mod. You can also give the tracking number if you want to trade with someone specifically(They type in the number, your mod comes up). The TRN will also display your signature(well, whoever signed off for the package).

Brick Video is a video sharing network for Blockland. It allows you to upload a video that can be 30 minutes long in HD with little to no  buffer lag at all. You can post the title, the description, and can put a list of "people who were in this video" also where you recorded it. This is ideal for Blockland Movies because one, it is in HD. Two, the sound quality isn't screwed up. Three, there is little if any lag at all.

Any questions / elaborations needed?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:43:52 AM by Jeep »

Facebook is an independent website, not a service based around a game.

But it's based around today's society. Facebook:World::Steath:Blockland

oh god this is going to be terrible