What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think it will happen.
33 (41.3%)
Even though I don't think it will happen, it's still scary
37 (46.3%)
This is scary. I know it's going to happen
10 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Nuclear Fallout from Japan?  (Read 7803 times)

This is if the employees fail to cool the core and the thing has a total meltdown. if it ends up like TMI, it won't get to the US mainland.

Cross your fingers.

Thread poll is incredibly vague in choices, I know it won't happen for a fact not "I think".

This is if the employees fail to cool the core and the thing has a total meltdown. if it ends up like TMI, it won't get to the US mainland.

Cross your fingers.
It already ignited.

California.

California already looks like it was nuked anyways. The lone deserts, the random gangs, the lack of intelligent life, the need for survival, ect.

Damn Japan and there nuclear power plants.

Holy stuff.
Triple pic.

Woops

Fixed.

I wonder how many people in this thread actually know what nuclear fallout is.

If you want to know it's large amounts of irradiated soil and dust which is thrown up into the air as a result of any sort of explosion around a radioactive object, said soil is then carried across the globe by the winds where it will settle in varying degrees along it's flow path.
However fallout can also be created purely by the irradiated shrapnel and waste nuclear material from a nuclear explosive, but the shrapnel and such only constitutes for effective fallout if it was an air burst device and not a pressure-sensitive detonation device (E.g a regular bomb).
Basically, fallout cannot even exist to begin with unless there is irradiated soil/dust and an explosion to kick it up into the atmosphere or a nuclear explosive device that has been set off.

I don't care if you already knew, it helps to refresh your knowlege
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:35:04 PM by Tokthree »

I wonder how many people in this thread actually know what nuclear fallout is.

If you want to know it's large amounts of irradiated soil and dust which is thrown up into the air as a result of any sort of explosion around a radioactive object, said soil is then carried across the globe by the winds where it will settle in varying degrees along it's flow path.
However fallout can also be created purely by the irradiated shrapnel from a nuclear explosive, but the shrapnel only constitutes for effective fallout if it was an air burst device and not a pressure-sensitive detonation device (E.g a regular bomb).
Basically, fallout cannot even exist to begin with unless there is irradiated soil/dust and an explosion to kick it up into the atmosphere or a nuclear explosive device that has been set off.

I don't care if you already knew, it helps to refresh your knowlege
Next to none know this so it doesn't hurt.

My fav part about the image is the fact that Japan is completely unaffected yet half the USA is screwed.

fake n gey cigarettet

This is a fake. Stop worrying everyone. Even if the radiation travels over here, the atoms may just get pushed away by the wind currents off the coast of California.

fake n gey cigarettet

This is a fake. Stop worrying everyone. Even if the radiation travels over here, the atoms may just get pushed away by the wind currents off the coast of California.

You're an idiot

Damn Japan and there nuclear power plants.

you do realize the reactor is an American BWR design?

fake n gey cigarettet

Psssh.

you do realize the reactor is an American BWR design?

Doesn't matter though, if something is made well and badly cared for, it's still going to end up broken.

It's the end of days!

Doesn't matter though, if something is made well and badly cared for, it's still going to end up broken.

It was the earthquake there, they are trying all they can, but a meltdown is still possible.