7 (46.7%)
Motorola Droid 2
3 (20%)
HTC Droid Incredible
3 (20%)
Other (if so, please post which)
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Miga got his new phone, it's a Droid 2. Android app recommendations?  (Read 1211 times)

If you saw the previous phone thread, my Touch Pro was close to dead.
Earlier today, it officially died.

R.I.P. Touch Pro; 2009-2011 sadfaec

Anyway, yeah. I need help choosing a new phone, and I need answers by tomorrow, cuz I need a new phone ASAP.

Here are some I've been looking at:

HTC ThunderBolt
Droid 2
Droid Incredible

I'm not limited to these three phones, they're just the three I took the most interest in. However, if you have a phone you think I'd like better, go ahead and post it, knowing the restrictions:

- Must run Android 2.2 or higher (I will not use WP7, so don't link to any phones running WP7).
- I prefer a QWERTY keyboard, however, touchscreen keyboards are fine as long as the screen's capacitive, not resistive
- Must be on Verizon.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:09:17 AM by Miga »

Sorry, never tryed any but...
HTC ThunderBolt
There.

Thunderbolts are awesome. Definitely would go with a Thunderbolt.

iphone

even though i have a feeling you're not the iphone type. imo its a great phone, i wont argue here though. if you dont like it you dont like it.

iphone

even though i have a feeling you're not the iphone type. imo its a great phone, i wont argue here though. if you dont like it you dont like it.

Never another piece of Apple hardware.
NEVEERRR.

I had back experiences with my iPod Touch.

Haha, okay. Thought you might say something like that :P

edit: well just based on the looks of the phones you've chosen I would go with either the ThunderBolt or the Droid Incredible. I'm too lazy to look up reviews and whatnot, so yeah :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:50:35 PM by Fredulus »

buy a rock with a touch screen

I would go with either the ThunderBolt or the Droid Incredible.
And Thunderbolt is branded by Google. :D

Never another piece of Apple hardware.
NEVEERRR.

I had back experiences with my iPod Touch.
Like what?

Like what?

Like the home button stopped working recently.

Well, I got my phone.

I didn't go with the ThunderBolt because of the horrible battery life (charge it two times a day, seriously?), and they were out of Droid Incredibles.

So, I got the Droid 2, rooted it with a custom ROM already, and it's extremely impressive.

I still have to get used to Android though, I barely used it on my Touch Pro (I primarily used Windows Mobile).

All the better to lovet each other with Miga! *glee*

WM Is the devils OS
Also Miga get kik its an awesome messaging app

I didn't go with the ThunderBolt because of the horrible battery life (charge it two times a day, seriously?), and they were out of Droid Incredibles.

So, I got the Droid 2, rooted it with a custom ROM already, and it's extremely impressive.

I still have to get used to Android though, I barely used it on my Touch Pro (I primarily used Windows Mobile).

I have a Droid 2, I can honestly say I'm really glad I got it, even with the constant glitching out that's loving annoying. Sometimes when it's hibernating or whatever and you hit the power button the screen won't turn on, or it will totally freeze up at times and the battery will have to be removed, etc...

However it's awesome, I like how the battery life tends to last a little longer than a day (if you're not using it 24/7). I guess with a phone that complex you're bound to have some errors.

I have a Droid 2, I can honestly say I'm really glad I got it, even with the constant glitching out that's loving annoying. Sometimes when it's hibernating or whatever and you hit the power button the screen won't turn on, or it will totally freeze up at times and the battery will have to be removed, etc...

However it's awesome, I like how the battery life tends to last a little longer than a day (if you're not using it 24/7). I guess with a phone that complex you're bound to have some errors.

You should try Fission for it then. It's a stock android ROM, I've used it so far and it's great.

Oh, this thing also replaced my iPod Touch.