Author Topic: The Wedding of Prince William and Kate, royal or overhyped?  (Read 4028 times)

http://www.theroyalweddingwilliamkate.com/

Yes, I'm British, just making that clear.
Why are we celebrating this? a coronation party for prince William seems much more acceptable.
I was reading through a new school schedule we'll have for the next few years, and i found a part called "School closed for the day for the wedding", out of curiosity, i searched about this on Google, i found the website, and i lost it after seeing this.

I mean, seriously, I'm losing a day of school so we can "Celebrate" their wedding, a free day is great and all, but hold the phone here, education is being grinded to a halt just for the royal family to hype up the event and get everybody to focus on the wedding?

All i want to know about is why this is so popular, and it's mostly merchandising on the website/etc, rather than the actual wedding, it just feels like one huge scam on the whole of the country.

For Americans, think about what it would be like if the same thing happened, but with some random girl and the next president in line would have a wedding and they'd boast about it everywhere they can.

Anyway, discuss here (In before "You jealous?")

It surpasses a new CoD game when it comes to being overhyped.

Typical British behaviour

No offense

Typical British behaviour

No offense

This isn't typical about british people.

It's just people being stupid as usual.

It surpasses a new CoD game when it comes to being overhyped.

School schedule
May 12 2025 - The school has been closed in preparation for the new Call of Duty game.

School schedule
May 12 2025 - The school has been closed in preparation for the new Call of Duty game.
Are you homeschooled? Even here in Romania everyone was talking about Black Ops before it was released, they bought stickers, posters and etc.

Are you homeschooled? Even here in Romania everyone was talking about Black Ops before it was released, they bought stickers, posters and etc.
Nope, but it's slightly different here, people try to re-enact Call of duty by doing stuff like throwing equipment and screaming "THROWING KNIFE!!!!/TOMAHAWK!!!!"

Overprivileged rich people having a wedding. Oh who gives a forget.

Overprivileged rich people having a wedding. Oh who gives a forget.

Stupid people I tell you what.

Stupid people I tell you what.
Everyone is all loving excited because they're royals. The forget does that even entitle? They're just from a family that assumed power hundreds of years ago, they're literally born to be chauvinistic and egocentric.

The Royal Family are friends that should have to work off a loan for everything they own.

Nope, but it's slightly different here, people try to re-enact Call of duty by doing stuff like throwing equipment and screaming "THROWING KNIFE!!!!/TOMAHAWK!!!!"

schools need a bit more of this:
9:00 am CoD cigarette beatings

I mean, seriously, I'm losing a day of school so we can "Celebrate" their wedding, a free day is great and all, but hold the phone here, education is being grinded to a halt just for the royal family to hype up the event and get everybody to focus on the wedding?

I bet you're also one of those people who always wants to go and get a cover teacher when the actual teacher doesn't turn up for a class. Nobody likes those people!

I bet you're also one of those people who always wants to go and get a cover teacher when the actual teacher doesn't turn up for a class. Nobody likes those people!

I'd rather be hated than lose a day of education. Especially since I'd have to do double the school/homework.

this is the most civilized topic we've had in a while

also, im in america so i dont have to give a forget