Author Topic: opinion: could someone who is powerful in the force hold a lightsaber?  (Read 470 times)

hey guys, i saw recently on star wars the clone wars that the father (living force pretty much) could hold a lightsaber and deactivate it without touching the hilt. do you think a real jedi could do that as well? post your answer and a reason why you thinkk a jei can or cannot hold a lightsabe without being cut through.

what drugs are you on
and how much can you sell me an ounce for

He means hold the laser part. And no, A saber cut Anakin's arms off, he's the strongest in the force, how Luke could have beaten him I'll never know.

"The Father, like his children, was an exceptionally powerful being. He was able to touch a lightsaber blade with his bare hand, showing neither discomfort, pain, or injury from gripping the blade, and could deactivate the weapon by literally forcing the blade back into its hilt. He was also able to sense that Skywalker had approached him, and was pointing his lightsaber at the Father's face, all without so much as opening his eyes." wookiepedia, star wars wiki

"The Father, like his children, was an exceptionally powerful being. He was able to touch a lightsaber blade with his bare hand, showing neither discomfort, pain, or injury from gripping the blade, and could deactivate the weapon by literally forcing the blade back into its hilt. He was also able to sense that Skywalker had approached him, and was pointing his lightsaber at the Father's face, all without so much as opening his eyes." wookiepedia, star wars wiki
Anyone can edit that stuff, and it's mostly edited by morons who watch Clone Wars animated series and eat DiJiorno pizzas.

To my knowledge, the Clone Wars series is not canon. I haven't researched this, however. But I've always thought about it like this: If Anakin did ALL THIS loving HIGH MORAL stuff before turning to evil, it makes it impossible. How the forget could he allow himself to turn evil after all of that? It's mounted so many times over, it's just too much. Anakin couldn't have turned evil after all that stuff.

He means hold the laser part. And no, A saber cut Anakin's arms off, he's the strongest in the force, how Luke could have beaten him I'll never know.

Anakin is Luke's father. Anakin cuts off Luke's hand. Anakin's limbs are burned off in lava.

But I feel like I'm forgetting the scene where Anakin also loses his arm. I believe I am. Just pointing out other stuff, then. XD Beh.

To my knowledge, the Clone Wars series is not canon. I haven't researched this, however. But I've always thought about it like this: If Anakin did ALL THIS loving HIGH MORAL stuff before turning to evil, it makes it impossible. How the forget could he allow himself to turn evil after all of that? It's mounted so many times over, it's just too much. Anakin couldn't have turned evil after all that stuff.

Anakin is Luke's father. Anakin cuts off Luke's hand. Anakin's limbs are burned off in lava.

But I feel like I'm forgetting the scene where Anakin also loses his arm. I believe I am. Just pointing out other stuff, then. XD Beh.
that's what i meant -_-

The only element of Star Wars I ever liked were the actual movies and a few of the games. Reminds me of playing multiplayer Star Wars games or watching the movies with my brother years back. :c

All those 3D cartoons now and other junk are just creations made to ride off the back of the Star Wars brand. It doesn't really matter anymore since I'm past the whole Star Wars thing, but still its annoying... I wouldn't take anything from the crumby Star Wars shows now too seriously.

nice drugssSSSssssssss you got there

lego star wars 3 is actually better than the series its based on :D