Author Topic: Move saved/loaded builds around?  (Read 2415 times)

Is it possible to move a saved build around before loading it?

I built some big thingy on Slate and then some other big thingy later on. Now I had the idea of joining these two - but they overlap.
Is there some way to simply move a build a few blocks north or so?

I think this has been done by someone with the pre-retail Titanic, but I can not find info about it on these forums.

You'd have to edit all the bricks in the save file I think. Either that or move the first build with the world editor then load the second.

Cool. I did not think of the world editor. :)

Though I can't manage to do what I want with it. I fly through the build, select everything and then press F11 and choose Transform->Position and edit those values a bit. But for some reason just one brick gets moved. Is there something else to do other than clicking "apply"?

Yeah, have you tried moving it manually. Select it all then click anywhere in the hole build and drag.

Allright. Thank you very much. :)

[Edit]
Turned out that this is very glitchy. The build gets torn apart while moving it. Small bricks move into another direction than bigger ones.

Is there something I might be doing wrong?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:40:07 AM by willywilly »

This was just too crappy for me. I whipped up some crappy C++ that gets the job done.

Code: [Select]
<removed teh code>

Enjoy. I could make a proper commandline-utility - but then again I dont want to. If it doesnt work for you - my bad.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 03:27:57 AM by willywilly »

That's is the completely wrong format. Google "Torque Script Tutorials" :/ That's like source code and you can't use source code unless Badspot puts it in the exe
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 03:35:41 PM by -=>RR<=-MasterCE »

Look in the cs files in Add-Ons. C++ is the source code of Torque, not the...whatever other code. I don't want to hewar you asking, so open them in Notepad and if you really want to modifie, get Notepad++ or Notepad2