Author Topic: ubercube  (Read 3652 times)

Some of you may have seen my ubercube in progress but i don't recall posting about it here yet or at least not posting pics.

This is a test build, 3x3 rooms with Grimsy stood on top for scale (thx)

I did have a macro for the rooms which was 250 or so events and 30 bricks, but i've managed to optimise this to 20 bricks and just 59 events !! And the rooms are bigger...

"What does that mean, so what, its only 10 bricks!?", you might say.

Well, 10x10x10 rooms at 30 bricks each = 30,000 bricks. Add the door fills, floor fills and outer wall fills and the usual tunnels and flashy stuff, and this would have been a 35,000 brick build. Too many i thought, so i started a redesign.

Now it'll be about 25,000 instead which is still a lot but i'm sure you'll agree a saving of 10,000 bricks is definately worth the extra effort.

The resultant maze will be fully 3D. There will be dead ends, twists and turns and will not be as simple as floor1, go up, floor2, go up etc. It'll include many ups and downs and should be a tough challenge when complete. Wall huggers need not apply :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 03:34:36 PM by hitm4n »

Looking good, can't wait to spend an hour or 7 on your server trying to beat it. d(^_^)b

looks pretty cool hitman, cant wait to see the people "trying" to beat it. I saw something like this in person, but i was wondering if it would be hard at all..because like you could just jet really fast thorugh it and then get where you want to be in 3 seconds.

This is cube. Also cube 2. Also cube zero. :| MAKE TRAPS IN ROOMS! :D

In a flat maze you can usually (unless you know how to avoid it in the maze design) keep a wall to your left or right and you will always find the exit. Wall hugging in my multi level maze could have been avoided too, but i forgot to use any "islands". However, in the UberCube maze wall hugging won't work a jot. Muahahahahaaaaa ;)

My first idea was to build a "cube" using joining tunnels, working doors and numbers etc. just like in the film. Traps would have been the icing on the cake but Blockland just isn't up  to this. Also to make a cube big enough to have a wow factor and complex enough to be cool, it would have been at least a 100,000 brick build.

So, in the end i've decided a giant cube, made into a maze will give me the build enjoyment i need to relax in the evening. I do this for my own enjoyment and then show it off and hope other people will enjoy it too...

Oh and yes, i've enjoyed all the Cube films.

8 floors built but a ton of painting to do.

Why didn't you save the macro to use the colors you wanted?

Because as i was building the first macro i was building it in grey bricks. i.e. no paint. On reload of macro it was red ? God knows why. Further to that i hadn't decided what colour i wanted it anyway. I'm quite happy to work at painting it as like i said before, this is my way of winding down after work. Something mundane and relaxing.

i saw a version of this in the slope.. it hurt my head with all the math.

How much bricks is it?
looks very nice, can't wait to try it.

i saw a version of this in the slope.. it hurt my head with all the math.
someone else is hosting it already... hmmm.
How much bricks is it?
looks very nice, can't wait to try it.
Approx 2100 per floor,so 16800 currently.

if people are nicking it already then i'll be building the rest offline.

ouuuu uber trippy... iz funneh i like it