Author Topic: Miners  (Read 3606 times)

This is not infinity mining, this is my own holiday project with a touch of Minecraft. (Although it works similar to Infinity Mining, where you mine and it creates the bricks around it)

The world is broken down into chunks, much like Minecraft. Each chunk is 8x8x8 blocks and they are procedurally generated. The chunk is then given some ores, which are randomly weighted so that it spawns veins.

Features
GUI-less and command-less. I wanted to make it different to my past project, DRPG. I think how it is now is good.  Materials you collect are in your brick inventory, and you can place them using left click. Equipment you collect is in your tool inventory. (only hammers at the moment). Crafting and forging use no commands.

Liquid physics allows for water and lava to flow. Every time you break a piece of ice, or igneous, it turns into water or lava and has a random density value. It flows down and sideways. It should be noted that each block of liquid isn't necessarily a full volume of it. The physics are kinda unrealistic at the moment, but I plan to fix them later. They're good enough for now. Also note, that eventually water and lava colliding will result in the lava turning back into igneous.

Mining - kinda obvious.

Forging allows you to smelt ores. Each ore needs a certain amount of coal, silver - 1, gold - 2, hematite - 3, copper 2. Smelting takes 1 minute to finish. You can make a forge by placing coal on silver ore then right clicking either of them. You can put ores and coal inside the forge by dropping them in (ctrl+w) or clicking on them with the material open in your brick inventory. Right clicking will light the forge. Currently the forge is a glowing grey cube, but I plan on making a custom brick model for it. (I had one made, but it broke). You need full trust to use someone else's forge.
Note: 1x Hard Stone or 1x Stone smelted will give Smooth Stone, a crafting ingredient.

Crafting allows you to turn raw materials, or smelted materials, into new things. You can make a table by putting silver ore on silver ore and then right clicking them. You put ingredients inside the table by dropping them (ctrl+w) or opening the material in your brick inventory and clicking on them. Once you have all the ingredients inside you right click. The recipes are pretty straight forward. You need full trust to use someone else's table. The table will also have a custom brick in the future, for now it is a 4x4 plate.
1x Coal + 1x Smooth Stone = a Torch
x1 Smelted Silver + x1 Smooth Stone + x1 Smelted Copper = a Silver Hammer
--work out the rest

Natural caverns

Claims & wars - in development.

Server:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:04:26 AM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

BEAUTIFUL WELL DONE 10/10
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:48:56 PM by skill4life »

I've scripted a claiming system, also fixed bugs with crafting and forging. I won't go into how the claiming system works yet, it's not completely finished.

I'm adding some more ores now. Unlike my past projects, I plan on having each metal have it's on side purpose, rather than just having tiers of equipment.

EDIT: Natural cavern

EDIT: Another one
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:04:42 AM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

concept seems a bit weird, but it should be awesome

oh, so its all underground
also, the recipes are going to be pretty confusing, maybe make a list available on the server or topic?

Are their going to be enemies in the mod or portals or something?

I think i would like this abit more with a GUI, tho.

Very cool.
Release source on site? :D

I made a BlockCraft server once, much like this. It wasn't generated, though.

guys, don't dig straight down