Poll

Do you think Badspot should do something?

Yes!
23 (59%)
Not sure...
4 (10.3%)
No!
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Forum Spambots  (Read 2200 times)

I noticed recently that there are a lot of spambot sign ups. I am the owner of an SMF forum and I can tell if a username is a spammer or not. I noticed a username that was suspicious so I clicked onto the profile. It turned out that it was a spam bot. I noticed multiple spam bots. When I had my SMF Forum, I had about 8 or 9 bad sign-ups a day. I posted a few links below to a few of these users. I installed Project Honeypot onto my forum and helped bust 12 spammers. It also blocks these bots from even viewing the forum. I posted info on Honeypot below. I also posted the links to the users that are spam bots.

Users
User One
User Two
If you find any more post them. I wasn't sorting through 900 pages of users.

How we can get rid of these people:
Project Honeypot
&
HttpBL

What do you guys think of these spammers? If I got around 7 spammers a day on a quiet forum, I can only imagine a forum with 20 thousand users.

spambot? They have no posts.

Hey Weh.
Did you just call him "Weh?"
Are you seriously so damn lazy that you couldn't type one extra character, so that it doesn't look like you have a mental deficiency?

spambot? They have no posts.
lol that's what i was thinking

lol that's what i was thinking
They set their signatures as products they are advertising. Sometimes you get a poster. Those basically Lorem Ipsum links to ads.

Are you seriously so damn lazy that you couldn't type one extra character, so that it doesn't look like you have a mental deficiency?
Double Post:
Go away. Weh is my friend. It's an inside joke. Troll.

Go away. Weh is my friend. It's an inside joke. Troll.
Posting inside jokes publicly makes you seem like a prick.
And please explain to me how I am "trolling."

They set their signatures as products they are advertising. Sometimes you get a poster. Those basically Lorem Ipsum links to ads.
Ah, that makes much more sense.

Trolling:
Quote from: Night Fox
Not being Jeep

Posting inside jokes publicly makes you seem like a prick.
And please explain to me how I am "trolling."

Inside Joke:
It's not a "joke". It's just something I've always called Weh. Why does that pertain to you? Why did you need to post that?

ya night fux stfu you stupid troll

I call him Wehr.
Weh sounds terrible.

I call him Wehr.
Weh sounds terrible.

a bunch of my oldy friends call me weh
either/or is fine