Author Topic: Remote Control  (Read 13954 times)

Your game sets up a simple web server. You need to login to access it (obviously).

Features:
* Manage general preferences (the same as RTB's server control "Server Options" tab)
* Control the server
   * Kick
   * Ban (only perma at the moment)
   * De-Admin
   * Clear personal bricks
   * Admin
   * Super Admin
   * Auto Admin
   * Auto Super Admin
   * Clear All Bricks
   * Chat (no view of the chat, yet)
   * Change the map

Planned
* View the chat
* Manage add-on RTB preferences

Instructions/Usage
1) Install the add-on how you regularly do (drag the zip file into the add-ons folder)
2) Start your server up (dedicated or regular)
3) You need to know your hosting port. If you don't know or if you haven't changed it, it will be 28000
4) To access the remote control interface when you are on the same computer as the server, go to the web address http://localhost:yourport in your browser, where yourport is your hosting port (step 3)
5) To access the remote control interface from a different computer (or for someone else on the internet), go to the web address http://yourexternalipaddress:yourport, where yourexternalipaddress can be found here and yourport is your hosting port (step 3)
6) If you've done it correctly, a HTTP authentication login dialog should pop up.
7) Enter the username 'remote', the password is your super admin password
8) You can now access the interface. It should look something like this:

9) Remotely control your server!

Final Notes
If someone does manage to get a hold of your super admin password and access the remote control interface - they can't do any more harm then they would be able to if they went to your server and became a super admin via the password.
You can't change your super admin password. (this is so no one changes the password to access the interface)

Bugs
There is some URL encoding bugs, it should be fixed soon.

Download

I'm not an stupid.
no your not drak
but you are stupid

It appears to not be working.

EDIT: enabling it helps a lot

It reports success when you try to kick/ban/deadmin the host.

It's very nice BTW.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:25:55 AM by Greek2me »

You put me in the E-tard filter! I feel violated!

can't wait for live chat feed

Does this work for dedicated servers?

Does this work for dedicated servers?
That's kinda the point of it. You don't need this if you're in the server.

What would be nice would be remote console, not just chat. Then we can enter commadns and stuff.

What would be nice would be remote console, not just chat. Then we can enter commadns and stuff.
I just released that.

Darkorp is stupid.
this has been established yes

I added JSON responses from the server, so it tells you whether the command actually worked or not. Tells you if you tried to ban/kick/etc the host as well. Also adding a few more commands, maybe brick uploading. I'll release the update soon.

I'm not really sure whether I want an eval function on it. If someone gets access to it they could do bad damage to your game (there are lines of code to delete your entire Blockland folder). I might make it, with some sort of security feature like an encryption ticket system. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Also I'm thinking of providing a few more details for my server status image thing to access. Like who is on the server (if it's not passworded), tags (has VCE, has ZAPT, has L4B, has TDM, has other important game changing mods) and other useful information that master server doesn't provide.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:25:20 PM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »