Author Topic: how do i change jet particles?  (Read 3006 times)

like before i know how to play the game fine and have the dedicated server up but how do i change the particles that come out of the blocko guys feet for jets. i have a funny idea for a jet flame and make them really big ,is it possible to make without milkshape?

You need to edit it with notepad, but you can't cause there is no player.cs file, so no, no editing jetpack paticles

And making partical emitters in Milkshape?

You need to edit it with notepad, but you can't cause there is no player.cs file, so no, no editing jetpack paticles

I can edit the player stuffz.

That possible?

You can add 3-D effects, like the explosion sphere when a rocket hits the ground
Although, I don't know how to make a 3-D particle emitter, I just know about this particular Projectile explosion effect

Code: [Select]
datablock ExplosionData(IonCannonExplosion)
{
   //explosionShape = "";
   explosionShape = "./shapes/IonCannonLaserExplosion.dts";
soundProfile = IonCannonExplosionSound;
};

explosionShape = "./shapes/IonCannonLaserExplosion.dts"; in this case determines what 3-D shape of explosion results when a projectile hits the ground.

I can edit the player stuffz.
How? Hacking? :P

Huh? You can edit the Jetpack particles easily.

By overwriting them, or changing the emitter used in the datablock.

jetEmitter = "playerJetEmitter"
jetGroundEmitter = "playerJetGroundEmitter"

datablock PlayerData(PlayerName : PlayerStandardArmor) {
uiname = "*name of player for minigame* Player";
jetEmitter = emittername;
jetGroundEmitter = emittername;
};
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:18:29 PM by -=>RR<=-MasterCE »

datablock PlayerData(PlayerName : PlayerStandardArmor) {
uiname = "*name of player for minigame* Player";
jetEmitter = emittername;
jetGroundEmitter = emittername;
};
You actually hacked the file or what? O_O

when you use : in the (),  the name on the right becomes the base for the name on the left, aslong as the name on the right is of a real datablock.

You need to create a new player file, like the Player_JumpJet but inside it, within the player dataBlock you need to set the following values:

Code: [Select]
jetEmitter = yourJetEmitter;
jetGroundEmitter = yourJetDustEmitter;
jetGroundDistance = distanceFromGroundtomakeDust;

If you don't add one of those into the new player dataBlock, then it takes the default value.