Author Topic: Who would actually want to hack my account?  (Read 669 times)

So I keep getting these email messages saying that I requested a password change:

Dear Nexus,

This mail was sent because the 'forgot password' function has been applied to your account. To set a new password click the following link:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;snipped

IP: 64.231.244.161

Username: Nexus

Regards,The Blockland Forum Team.

I looked up the location of this IP and it goes to somewhere in Canada.
To the stalker trying to steal my account:  I know where YOU live >:)
But seriously, who would want to try to access my account?

What's the email address?

What's the email address?

Is that a stalker joke?  Cuz I'm not giving you my email, thank you very much, even if it is my secondary one that I use to subscribe to stuff.

Is that a stalker joke?  Cuz I'm not giving you my email, thank you very much, even if it is my secondary one that I use to subscribe to stuff.
i think he means the address the email came from, which would probably be whatever email badspot has set up for forum support

:I
i think he means the address the email came from, which would probably be whatever email badspot has set up for forum support
No lol.
You can tell by the closing, that it's not from Badspot.

:INo lol.
You can tell by the closing, that it's not from Badspot.
Could be an automatic SMF message.

I got 3 of my emails hacked it minecraft all there doing is trying to reset your password and they cant get in you email without the password

Could be an automatic SMF message.
I got a whole bunch of them all at about the same time.

and yes, it is an automatic SMF message, but its for when someone is trying to access an account.

What is the sender's adress?

What is the sender's adress?

Its just the default Forums@Blockland.us

it's an official email, i just did the password thingie and that's an identical match.

lolidunno who it would be

Or maybe the hack was successful!  Maybe I am a canadia haxor posting on this account to avoid suspicion!

OH GAWD HOW CAN I TELL IF IM CANADIAN??

Or maybe the hack was successful!  Maybe I am a canadia haxor posting on this account to avoid suspicion!

OH GAWD HOW CAN I TELL IF IM CANADIAN??
Do you say sorry a lot?

I heard Canadians do that a lot.