Author Topic: Macros?  (Read 2559 times)

hey guys just wonderin it takes ages for me to build stuff from scratch and i dont know how to use macros :( plz addvise :panda:

hey the link doesent work for me :( :panda:

Quote from: From the site
   1. :Binding Macro Keys: (If done already, skip to step 2.)
      Press Ctrl+O to bring up the options menu if in game. If your at the main menu, simply click 'Options'.

Click on the 'Controls' tab. Scroll down to the seventh section, titled 'Building'.
      At the bottom of the section, you will see 'Toggle Build Macro Recording' and 'Playback Build Macro'.
      More on those later. Right now, double click on 'Toggle Build Macro Recording'.
      Now press a key you want to use, but make sure its not already in use. I use 'NUMPADDIVIDE',
      above the 8 on the numpad. Now double click 'Playback Build Macro', and press the key you want for that. I use '*', above the 9 on the numpad.

2. :Execution:
      First off, prepare the bricks needed for your macro. In this example, lets use a 1x1.
      Second, place a ghost brick. Press the 'Toggle Build Macro Recording' button.
      A message should appear saying recording has started.
      Now place the brick, then go up one and place it again. Then, move the brick one down, and over one.
      In simpler terms, place, up, place, down, left. Then press 'Toggle Build Macro Recording' agan.
      It should say you just ended it. So far so good.
      Now press 'Playback Build Macro' (while facing the same way) and you should see the macro execute.

3. :Tips: (make sure you read these if it's not working for you)
          * Rotation)
            When using macros, you may need to rotate pieces during one. When making a repeating macro,
            (see next tip) make sure you set the rotation back to the original piece.
            Like if you rotates it clockwise twice, you would need to rotate it counterclockwise twice before ending it.

* Repeating)
            To make macros even more faster, you will need to utilize repeating macros effectively.
            To do this, you end the macro with the ghost brick of the original piece in the spot you wish to start the macro again in.
            ie. in the first example, I had you place the ghost brick to the left one.
            Why? Because this way, you can press 'Playback Build Macro' again without putting the ghost brick in the right place.

* Coloring)
            Macros record what color the original was.
            Smart right? Well you may want a multi colored macro.
            You know how when you place a brick, its your current spray can color?
            Well while doing a macro, just switch colors before placing the brick.
            Don't worry, it wont mess up your macro.

Dunno what it said cause of my short attention span, but i hope it helps

kk thx ill check it out now

wait, for step 2, if you had lets say that space elevator of muuffin, do you continue exactly the procedures: one up, one down, left,right. or is it diffrent?