[RMS] Olympic ship [W.I.P]

Author Topic: [RMS] Olympic ship [W.I.P]  (Read 4113 times)

Olympic seen at sea on 11 May 2011.

Olympic is a 1:1 low scale model of the real Olympic from 1911. Olympic, was like other liners the biggest ship in the world in her time. She was joined by two young sisters Titanic and Britannic. When both sisters vanished, the Olympic did her job where she was built for. It was always my dream since the summer of 2009 to build the Olympic in full scale.

Career
In her career she was a war transport ship and took thousand of soldiers in safety and sunk a U-103 in World War 1. She is the only ship to this day which sunk a U-boat with her own propellers. Like all good things, there was always an ending. In 1935, the Olympic was laid up with Mauretania in Southampton.

In May 1935, British Movietone News tried to get people involved to save the Mauretania and the Olympic. Sadly, Mauretania left Southampton for ever on 1 July 1935 and Olympic on 10 October 1935. She sailed under her own steam to the Ship Breakers. The ship sailed off into history in 1937, when the empty hull was scrapped in Scotland.

About the Olympic model
The Olympic model isn't yet finished. Much things has to be done, since Torque Constructor has a limit, some models will be made apart like the railing of the ship. There are also some little face glitches in the model, but you won't see them from far away.

The progress
The progress of Olympic started on 29 May 2010. After a week, I was very tired of the face glitches which were seen on the model. That I decide to stop the project, in August 2010 I picked it up again but yet it failed. Today, I took up the project again and fixed some of her big glitches.

Ingame shots

Screenshots of progress
29 May 2010

13 August 2010

10 May 2011

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:18:55 AM by Antares »

That's nice!
but I'm not really a fan of the textures.

So wait, you are going to make this a vehicle?

So wait, you are going to make this a vehicle?
No sorry, I don't even know how to make a Add-On (weapon, vehicle, ect) for Blockland. I believe also that Blockland would be killed by the amount of polygons.

Okay. Good. Anyways, nice work. Keep it up.

Okay. Good. Anyways, nice work. Keep it up.
The only thing which makes me angry is the stern. When ever I place a sphere in Torque Constructor it wont show up, or it shows up with glitchy faces. Is this a known problem?

Edit: This is how she will look like once she is finished. I am also going to edit the ship and convert them into Titanic and Britannic.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:40:02 AM by Antares »

I have released a preview of the ship here.

This in a slate ocean like map...
<3

Perhaps make a map for it or something?
(T)DM's on the boat. Titanic RP's (blergh)....

I agree with lordician, at this rate your boat would make a fine map.

This in a slate ocean like map...
<3

Perhaps make a map for it or something?
(T)DM's on the boat. Titanic RP's (blergh)....

I will. The Olympic has some problems like some faces of the boat are invisible. I brushed the faces already in Torque Constructor but it didn't work. :(

This will be a map, once the Olympic is finished I will re-edit it to Titanic. And making a Britannic version too.

I was asked to bump the thread for my family to be returned unharmed

I was asked to bump the thread for my family to be returned unharmed
Oh dear god, release his family, the horror.
I will. The Olympic has some problems like some faces of the boat are invisible. I brushed the faces already in Torque Constructor but it didn't work. :(

This will be a map, once the Olympic is finished I will re-edit it to Titanic. And making a Britannic version too.
Yes i noticed in the video.
Oh god yes. :3