Author Topic: Underperfomance  (Read 1703 times)

Hello.
It seems to me that my graphic card is really starting to under perform when it comes to blockland.
I'm as of now lagging at anything with more than 3 thousand bricks, and my FPS does NOT go above 100.   I don't understand why because as I've said many times before that I can run BF2142 on medium settings just fine, blockland should be nothing compared to that. (no offense?)
I've also came across people that have a much crappier comp than me, yet can run blockland better *cough* Wedge *cough*
So if anyone could please help me, that would be great.
I have attached my Dxdiag file to this post.
---> A few people told me to update my drives, problem is, I can't, I can't find the correct drives...
I'm running Windows XP pro, yet my graphic card (ATI Radeon Xpress 1100) is only found under the Windows Vista column.
I also tried downloading the general "Mobile" drive, but that doesn't seem to help either.
Please help.
Thank you.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with graphical complexity when it comes to performance. The reason you are experiencing a difference is because there are many more textures and objects to process and render compared to bf2142, not to mention engine differences such as memory efficiency and file formatting.

EDIT: Fixed, I missed the necessarily part and my post didn't say what I meant it to.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:32:56 PM by TheCannon187 »

ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

My friend has one of those Xpress cards, his PC is like 200% better than mine, and I get 250FPS while he gets like 70... you're on a laptop right?

I think those cards just don't like Blockland or something.

Yeah I'm on a laptop..
I think the real problem is those cards don't like OpenGL.
Because when I try to run OpenGL games the performance is quite horrid.
they seem to run every Direct3D (or was it DirectX?) game with no flaws whatsoever.
I remember someone said that a Torque game was converted into Direct3D (x?) format, so if anyone knows how to do that, or how to make my card more OpenGL friendly that would really help.

It doesn't have anything to do with graphical complexity when it comes to performance.

then why am i able to get more then 500k bricks in my view without lagging?
yes i do have a very good comp. thats how i explain it compared to guys with average comps that lag at 5k bricks
i give all credit to my video card, as anyone has enough ram and cpu.

and yes, ive heard many problems with laptops trying to run blockland. is it because openGL isnt supported as well with lappy cards?
i dunno
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:52:57 PM by Bisjac »

Bump.
Any comment on this, Badspot?

fishpen0

So strange, because my laptop runs BL like nothing. The only problem is that it overheats like mad. I literally burned my lap one day while running BL.  My laptop has never overheated before, but BL does it all the time.  Although that may be coincidental that it only does it while i run BL.  My graphics card also wigged out once and only once, and I had a seriously hard time finding the right driver to fix it.  Mine is also a "built for vista" but came with XP. Hmm, now that I think about it my laptop does have some issues with BL.

lol thats why they call them notebooks now instead of laptops. to not encourage the use on lap.

so no one gets lawsuit crazy, because people are that handicapped.

I still want Badspot to reply and see what he has to say about this.
Hopefully make Blockland more laptop friendly.

Badspot

• Administrator
I dunno.  That card sucks at OpenGL I guess (BF2142 uses DirectX). 

Google says that the Catalyst 7.3 drivers are supposed to support the xpress1100 even if it isn't listed on the site.  So you can give this a try http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Ok, Thanks.
Installation seems to be successful, and my CCC changed.
Only problem is, Dxdiag still says that my driver version is 6.14

Badspot didn't make your graphics card, ask the ati helpdesk or something.

They don't support laptop cards.