Author Topic: AoB Application: The Micro Mansion  (Read 2854 times)

The Micro Mansion

I have spent along time on the build and wish to join AoB with it. It's a small mansion type structure, probably the summer home of some single rich dude.

Well here are the pics:

The front of the build:

The side of the house:

A gazebo and basketball court:

The greenhouses out back:

The garden:

The front entrance:

The entryway:

The sunroom:

The living room:

The downstairs bathroom:

The dining room:

The kitchen:

The stairwell:

A little reading area at the top of the stairs:

The upstairs bathroom:

An office space:

The bedroom:

An overview of the whole interior:

Thanks, I hope you like it! Please feel free to rate x/10.

Looks a bit plain. Add things that stand out, like a chandelier in the entrance hall, or lamps on the walls.

That's funny. i had all of that in MY Backyard. Except for the Basketball Court. That was a Pool. other than that. It's Okay. the interior walls are spammy and they should have some sort of design/color change. i'm not an AoB member so I'm not going to vote (obviously) it's a 6/10 for me.

Tom

I like it. It's nothing too fancy, but still looks really nice. It's very clean and sleek, it looks pretty natural. But the dark green floor color does look a little funny. 10/10
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:46:03 PM by Tom »

I like it. It's nothing too fancy, but still looks really nice. It's very clean and sleek, it looks pretty natural. But the dark green floor color does look a little funny. 6/10

Fixed...

I dont like it because of the inside walls. Like Ajcw said, the interier walls are kinda spammmy and are all the same...    I dont like the outside paths because they are in the grass instead of on top of it. Im not an AoB member but i would give it a no

Tom

Opps it appears I modified the wrong post D:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:46:34 PM by Tom »

It's Okay. the interior walls are spammy and they should have some sort of design/color change. i'm not an AoB member so I'm not going to vote (obviously) it's a 6/10 for me.

They aren't spammy, they just look a little bland.

Very nice layout, well built overall (I like your style). Not a fan of the basketball court fence, honestly I don't think it needs to be there since it's in a backyard and not in a city block in south Philadelphia. Then you really want the fence. Work on minimizing brick count, and making the wall look a little smoother. Add some different color to the wall than just grey.

I give it a 7.5/10, for some coloring issues (floor colors in places are ew), the bland walls, but other than that I like it. I'd like to see more of what you can build, but hell, I would have to say no for now...and I am a member, but I still don't know if I'm allowed to judge apps or not...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:29:59 AM by Trifax »

Looks a bit plain. Add things that stand out, like a chandelier in the entrance hall, or lamps on the walls.

They aren't spammy, they just look a little bland.

This is in a Spanish Mission style:
Missions shared certain design characteristics.Each installation used massive walls with broad, unadorned surfaces and limited fenestration, wide, projecting eaves, and low-pitched clay tile roofs. Other features included long, arcaded corridors, piered arches, and curved gables. Exterior walls were coated with plaster (stucco) to shield the adobe bricks beneath from the elements.

According to this definition, It is quite accurate to the style.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:39:04 AM by Sir Blocksalot »

What definition is that from? Even if it's the style, from the viewer's standpoint, it looks bland. And it doesn't change the fact that you should lower the brick count on the walls.

Tom

The detail in some of the furniture and architectural elements like the arches and wooden beams make up for the blandness in wall.

With the exception of the interior walls, the brick count isn't that bad. I think in some places the only way he could lower it is with custom bricks.

Lookin good, cozy and simple.

7/10

I like it. It's nothing too fancy, but still looks really nice. It's very clean and sleek, it looks pretty natural. But the dark green floor color does look a little funny. 10/10

never vote 10/10
ever

i give it a 5 because it doesn't have a lot of flooring, the walls look weird nevertheless, and it is kind of boxy.

Very nice, I like it. Very simple yet elegant. I do think it needs some work, the interior could be edited a bit (The walls are a bit bland, even though the mission style calls for the look. Just some diversity of the rooms would be nice, though.) , and perhaps a few minor details like improvement to furniture, the floor in the entry hall, and whatnot, but over all it is quite good. I especially like the structural details you added, like the large, open arches that go through each room and the wooden beams. c:

...and I am a member, but I still don't know if I'm allowed to judge apps or not...
You aren't yet. It's up to Rem. :o

Tom

never vote 10/10
ever
Unlike some people here, I don't just pull low ratings out of my ass. Ia consider the originality  of the design, how the details reflect the style and how the builds overall executed. This build deserves a 9 or 10 because it's almost perfect. This build is original because I've never seen something with this style before. I really love the simplicity of it too. The details reflect the style really well. It perfectly fits the style description the OP provided. Sure, the walls may be bland but that's how most stucco houses are. The exuction of this build is good, besides a few minor hiccups.

If you seriously think this build deserves less than a 7, leave your elitism at the door.