Author Topic: Custom Player Animation Instead of Reload?  (Read 1356 times)

Hey, so I just thought about this today, and I was wondering if it was possible to take the player model and animate a reloading sequence, then export it to be used with a weapon.
1. Would an imported model of the m.dts player animate properly? As in, if I exported an animation would it work in game with a certain code or placement?
2. Could I use my custom m_reload.dsq or whatever instead of an animation that comes with the gun? Like with a play thread command, or something?
Just a thought.

2. Could I use my custom m_reload.dsq or whatever instead of an animation that comes with the gun? Like with a play thread command, or something?
I guess so? Try it out.

Can you add a .dsq to the player without making a new playertype?

Can you add a .dsq to the player without making a new playertype?
I don't think so, you'd need to have all the same bone names and such, right?

I don't think so, you'd need to have all the same bone names and such, right?
There is a solution.
Torque website, something called .dsq tweaker.
It can remake an anim without remaking the model.

I know how to import the m.dts player model into milkshape. I could animate it and export it to DSQ, but I don't know if it would even work.

I know how to import the m.dts player model into milkshape. I could animate it and export it to DSQ, but I don't know if it would even work.
Waitwhathow?

What I want to do is just make a new animation that the player does, instead of having to put in a custom hand or arm, or whatever, I could just make the animation of the player grabbing the clip and tossing it while having the clip as a debris. I don't like how people make their own hands for their guns, so I thought if you could just make the player move instead of making a fake hand, it would look a lot better, but be more tricky.

I know how to get the playermodel, which is m.dts, and import it into Milkshape. From there I could animate it, but I don't know if it will work, and I don't know how to execute the animation even if it did.

So, you will make a new playertype basically. That's fine, but it eats up datablocks and is a bit more tricky to distribute. Also, anyone using the new animation will have it break when their gun does not have to playertype support.

tldr but I'm pretty sure you cannot add any animations to the standard player

you could make your own playertype

apologies if this has already been said, as i said, tdlr im lazy

This is why people import hands into their guns. Because you have to animate the playertype itself to do this.