Author Topic: stuff loving Oblivion.  (Read 1286 times)

I just installed Oblivion (TES4 durr) after keeping it uninstalled for a couple of months. Back then, everything was a breeze. The game cruised by, no lag, etc. Now when I start it up, it works fine. Except after a couple of seconds...

Than it lags like stuff.

At least two frames per second, I tell you. I don't know what I did wrong, if anything. The menus don't lag when I press Esc, so I know it's something ingame. My computer is fine, so don't give me all of this "ur computer suks olo" stuff. I'd love it if some of you were helpful.

This should probably be in games, but whatever.

Don't know if this would cause the lag, but do you have any mods?

And have you tried starting a new game?

I don't care if this belongs in games, unless it absolutely needs to be.

No mods.

I deleted all of my saves and started over.

Also- It's not landscape distance issues, I was inside a jail when it lagged.

Uh, try reinstalling then?

Uh, try reinstalling then?
I installed it today. I tried playing it a couple of weeks ago, and it had the same issues, but I never posted about it.

Did you update your Graphics Drivers between now and playing Oblivion when it was fine?

Did you update your Graphics Drivers between now and playing Oblivion when it was fine?
I don't think so.

Try updating your graphics drivers.

Hmm, you might need to update them, the current drivers may be corrupted or something.

And have you updated the game recently?

I'll check out the GPU drivers. Also, you can update Oblivion?


I'll check out the GPU drivers. Also, you can update Oblivion?
Pretty sure you can.

Pretty sure you can.
Downloading NVIDIA driver update, looking up Oblivion updates.

Downloading both thingies, hopefully this works.


Updating Oblivion. Taking a while. :c


« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:37:15 PM by LordCutlerBeckett »

Never mind. Oblivion is running fine now. If I have any more problems, i'll unlock this. Thank you for your hospitality.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU ITS STILL SLOW AND LAGGY AND stuff


I'll install the graphics driver once it's done, see how that goes.

what was that about you in a jail?