Author Topic: Can Blockland run with DirectX rather than OpenGL?  (Read 3035 times)

Yes? No? Maybe?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:39:45 AM by Space Guy »

When you load a save, host or not, a temp save is made in Blockland\base\server\temp By temp, it means if another save is loaded that one will be overwritten. Other then that, send by email, IM Client, Etc.

When you load a save, host or not, a temp save is made in Blockland\base\server\temp By temp, it means if another save is loaded that one will be overwritten. Other then that, send by email, IM Client, Etc.
erm what? and BL used to be direct X if it was on torque advanced then it would only use direct X

omfg Badspot..please for the love of god make blockland use Direct X, you have over 11 thousand dollars to do so.
Oh, you beat me to it, but still, he just said that Torque advanced uses Direct3D, so if you were to let's say buy Torque advanced, and than just import all of your blockland files into it or something, wouldn't it be possible to make it run with Direct3D? I'm sure it would be a lot better.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:27:41 PM by Spartan300 »

Badspot

• Administrator
omfg Badspot..please for the love of god make blockland use Direct X, you have over 11 thousand dollars to do so.

Did you even read the faq?  Torque does not have real D3D support.  TGEA is D3D only, but that means that it won't port to the Mac. 

why would it matter if it ports to the mac or not?
If you have a windows CD than the mac can run windows on it, there fore being able to run Blockland.

Badspot

• Administrator
If you have an actual video card, you can run in OpenGL. 

omfg come on man, you've looked at my directX files and all, and you did help me at some parts, but my problem still isn't solved, please take a look at this thread:
http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=15399.0

Badspot

• Administrator
You don't even have a real problem.  You somehow want your laptop to be a high speed gaming rig.  No amount of coding will turn it into one. 

high speed gaming rig

its laughable that a laptop could even be.
:p

laptops can get GOOD if you spend enough
but not great, deserving of "rig"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:39:50 AM by Bisjac »

I'm just confused why can it run BF2142 yet fails at Blockland.