Author Topic: Getting TF2, what Frames per Second should I expect?  (Read 2674 times)

I'm not expecting a very high FPS, as my system is VERY low-end. Portal runs good, but I don't know how TF2 will work.

My DXDiag is attached.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:36:43 PM by Coolio »

Well you should expect Team Fortress II, it is a First-Person Shooter after all.

Good job Proog. You win.

Changing title.

it'll run at about 20 for the first day
then 25 the rest of the time

it'll run at about 20 for the first day
then 25 the rest of the time
No it wont.

Then what would it run at?
I was referring only to the part about different FPS on different days.

I was referring only to the part about different FPS on different days.
thats how it works with my games

Oh.

Well, I guess that is playable-ish

I had a similar Graphics card and rarely beat the 30 FPS mark. However, servers with ~10 players usually never lagged at all for me.

Turn on DX80, not sure if that will help because my computer runs slower on DX80.

Didn't you say before that you can't play CS:S?
thats how it works with my games
Then your games are handicapped, because that doesn't make any sense.

Tf2 uses the GPU mostly, As long as you have a fairly good GPU you should be fine.

Tf2 uses the GPU mostly, As long as you have a fairly good GPU you should be fine.
That's pretty much the same for every Source game.

Quote from: Steam
PC System Requirements

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Quote from: dxdiag
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3064MB RAM
Graphics: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (128MB)