Poll

Want me to make a V3 of these computers?

YES!
Mabey
Not intrested
No
IDK (Unsure)
Stupid idea...

Author Topic: Blockland Computer V1  (Read 9991 times)

I have a point.
Seriously, so many people have claimed to make "computers" when really they just make boxes which can fire a relay into a brick which does most of the work.

Quote from: Badspot
Try to recognize that we all have different skill levels in this game.  There is no need to criticize someone else's build simply because it's not the best build out there.
Also, there is nothing wrong with relays. Consider them electrical signals.

Try to recognize that we all have different skill levels in this game.  There is no need to criticize someone else's build simply because it's not the best build out there.

Hes right. Im starting my server now.

When some guy makes a computer, nobody will use it for more than a few seconds and many people will for some reason expect impossibly high standards (like high-end computer software functionality which events can't provide by default). Sadly that is the small minded approach people take to computer builds. This isn't a matter of opinion, its just the way it is.

Wh said that Iuse default events? I created an entire mod allowing my PCs to be able to have media, internet (WIP), ACCOUNTS, logon, logoff, shutdowns, restarts, start menu, realistic start ups, and more to come in V3.

This isn't a matter of opinion, its just the way it is.

Go forget yourself!

Restarts shutdowns and starts are not features. And if a feature is wip, that means you didn't actually make it.

Restarts shutdowns and starts are not features. And if a feature is wip, that means you didn't actually make it.

By Internet (WIP), I meant that i made ONE website.

When Bones4 builds the Titanic, everyone wants to see it. When some guy makes a computer, nobody will use it for more than a few seconds and many people will for some reason expect impossibly high standards (like high-end computer software functionality which events can't provide by default). Sadly that is the small minded approach people take to computer builds. This isn't a matter of opinion, its just the way it is.
I don't build things so people can enjoy it, I build things to build things. People enjoying it is just a bonus.

What's your problem? Do you have to put down anything that isn't as good as something that you could make?

Lets review our options:

1) Play on fake computer in Blockland to do stuff
2) Use your real computer to do stuff

HMMM

Lets review our options:

1) Play on fake computer in Blockland to do stuff
2) Use your real computer to do stuff

HMMM

You are a prime example of how so many people take computer builds too literally as if they are made to replace your computer. That is like saying "build a house in Blockland or live in one".

You are a prime example of how so many people take computer builds too literally as if they are made to replace your computer. That is like saying "build a house in Blockland or live in one".
Yeah, you're completely right. Like, why would I build a stupid piano in blockland? It's not going to replace my real piano.

But really, wasn't it you that made that horrible hotel build, and then made a video saying you would "spend your spare time in it."?

What you're saying seems abit hypocritical considering you've poured your little heart into building your life and identity on blockland.

Edit: Found the hotel thing http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=134302.0
You deleted the video! What's this, a new persona you're trying out? IcyGamma mark 2? lol

Builds always feel so meaningless. You make 'em and you dump 'em in your saves. So I am building a tower, which will become my "headquarters". I intend to make this build, and sustain it for months if not years. I will host shows and events inside it, build contraptions inside it in my lab, hang out in it, and do all sorts. Over time, it will change, and grow, and be upgraded. But the aim is that, in a few years, it will have an entire history and will be more than just a build.
Why such the sudden change?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:46:35 AM by ßoltster »

Yeah, you're completely right. Like, why would I build a stupid piano in blockland? It's not going to replace my real piano.

Someone mentioned starting a band in Blockland so I decided to create a playable piano since the best we had before was these weird small keyboards that use default sounds. My build served a practical use. You probably don't play a piano, but just so you know that build actually has proper tones and a playable amount of keys and functions with sustain which is quite something.

What you're saying seems abit hypocritical considering you've poured your little heart into building your life and identity on blockland.

Er not sure where you are going with this. Please refer to my previous post. No hypocrisy here. ^_^

What's your problem? Do you have to put down anything that isn't as good as something that you could make?
All I said there was that "shutdown" isn't a special feature. That and "startup" are technically any part of any computer, and that means "restart" is also.
They're not features.

Also, why does the list say you've made 'routers' but not 'internet'? Wouldn't serve only as a prerequsite for the other?

Er not sure where you are going with this. Please refer to my previous post. No hypocrisy here. ^_^
The post is pretty straight forward, I'm saying that you put a huge amount of time and effort building up your identity and ego here.

And I do have a proper piano ^-^

The post is pretty straight forward, I'm saying that you put a huge amount of time and effort building up your identity and ego here.

And I do have a proper piano ^-^
Oh hey look bolster-icy drama got in the way of my post.
 :cookieMonster: