Author Topic: Opening of Star Wars made in Blockland  (Read 1379 times)

I decided to recreate the famous opening of Star Wars so I could try out doing 'model' effects. I'm pleased with how it turned out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBkLLIRaClM

Tatooine was made by having 6 64x64 baseplates with randomly placed 1x8 flats and randomly painted. Then distorted it in photo shop and added an outer blue glow.

It's really nice, should have posted it in Gallery, though.

Very nice Hoogle, the curve effect of the planet is nice. Keep up the good work!

FIRST POST ON A NON-ADDON OH MA GAWD!

Ah well hopefully some mod might decided to move it Barn.

I might do some more as It's enjoyable doing these type of 'moving' brick shots.

Dude, you totally stole our idea.

Lol no, I saw your post in my topic, is cool bro.

In all honesty, this stuff is pretty legit. Wanna come work on Block Wars with me? lol

EDIT:

lol, I knew your screen name was familar. You're the guy who posted the super 8 stuff, or 16 mm or whatever it was.

I was already subscribed to you, so I see it now on my Youtube page. You do good work, sir. My offer defiantly still stands if you're interested.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:49:55 PM by Swholli »

How many bricks did it take to make the models at 0:42 - 0:47?

WAY TO STILL THEIR MUSIC!

Other then that great job :)

Hey Swholli. Glad you liked it? Do you have much effects work done? There are some shots I'd love to test out to see if it's possible, I'm starting to use the camera paths addon to produce what I think are some convincing effects. For example you may like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYjh_laVhAg . If I were to work on your project I'd redo the opening titles as the models I used are in fairness pretty crap I just did it pretty quickly so I could try it out. I'd also want to practice getting laser beams right. For the first shot I copied the exact positions and shapes of the lasers and explosions, for the second one I improvised to speed things up.

But again I think it would be interesting to try some of the more complex effects.

Edit: you've clearly seen that video too :P We talked about it in the comments.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:09:31 AM by Hoogle »

How many bricks did it take to make the models at 0:42 - 0:47?
lol

I thoroughly enjoyed the visuals.