Author Topic: Slate_Hyrule  (Read 2630 times)

so, I'm still new to this whole map making scene, so I don't want to release anything, and plus what I have now isn't finished, I just want a few opinions on this:

what I want to do is keep the ground the way it is (and fix it up a little because there is still a few green spots) and add an OOT hyrule skybox. I may keep it to myself for private use but if people like the idea enough, and if I can even package it correctly, then I may re-consider. sooo, does it sound like a good map idea?

EDIT: I didn't really know where to put this, so if a move is necessary then by all means, move it.

Eh. I was hoping for something besides Hyrule Field grass and a skybox, but it serves its purpose I suppose.

make the grass texture smaller

EDIT: I didn't really know where to put this, so if a move is necessary then by all means, move it.
Lemme just see... Where would I put my map?

-General Discussion

-Suggestions & Requests

-Clan Discussion

-Gallery

-Help

-Add-ons

-Maps

-Music

-Faces, Decals, Prints

Hmmm, yep i'll go with gallery.

onTopic: It's not a bad slate map but hardly resembles Hyrule.

the mapping section is for finished maps only.  This would go in mapping help/modification discussion depending on if he wants people to help him or if he just wants to show people what he is doing.

the mapping section is for finished maps only.  This would go in mapping help/modification discussion depending on if he wants people to help him or if he just wants to show people what he is doing.
...I posted that without reading the OP.
I assumed it was finished.

...I posted that without reading the OP.
I assumed it was finished.
Who's the ignorant one now?

Anyway, I like the map. It actually does remind me of Hyrule fields from good 'ol OoT.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:21:40 AM by RMS Gigantic »

Hrmph. This summer I am making Hyrule and environs. Funny ^_^

I really like it, actually. I would DL. Depends how it looks with the new skybox though.

god damnit i saw this and i instantly started listening to the hyrule field music.

I love how you imported the N64 materials onto slate.
imo: This > Plate 3
Plate 3 Edits > This
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:21:38 PM by Jairo »

wow, I'm surprised you guys actually like this :o
didn't think my first map would get this kind positive reviews

any way, I made an out line of what the skybox should look like. once I can get an actual skybox to work, then it will hopefully look good (if you're wondering, I ripped the sky textures from Packers Zelda World. hopefully he wont mind, cause I'm not claiming them)

I would have to see it on the map itself to judge.

wow it's the default sky texture with some generic grass texture

wow it's the default sky texture with some generic grass texture
Your just full of bullstuff comments today.