Author Topic: MY COPY OF WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE ANYMORE.  (Read 712 times)

I woke up this morning, and was welcomed by "An unauthorized change has been made to Windows". So, I deleted some files off my PC that held the product key, re-entered it again after restarting, had to interact with the damn Product Activation bot over the phone, and now I'm stuck with this on my desktop:

Yet, here, it says otherwise:

So, I'm confused as hell right now, and sort of wondering what I should do at this point. Any suggestions?

Ninjaedit: Because I'm sure people are going to ask, yes this is a fully legal copy of Windows Vista.

Change the source code and make it say it's genuine.

Don't pirate next time.
o:?

Change the source code and make it say it's genuine.

But this isn't Linux, so there is no free-as-in-freedom to do that.

Don't pirate next time.
o:?

Ninjaedit: Because I'm sure people are going to ask, yes this is a fully legal copy of Windows Vista.

Gonna sound like an idiot with tip but you should try and call microsoft, there is that whole activation by phone stuff, you should try it.

Also, I didn't know you were still here miga.

Gonna sound like an idiot with tip but you should try and call microsoft, there is that whole activation by phone stuff, you should try it.

So, I deleted some files off my PC that held the product key, re-entered it again after restarting, had to interact with the damn Product Activation bot over the phone

:/

Another reason why Vista sucks.

Suddenly, Genuine. I just had to restart once again after I reactivated, hehewhoops.

Another reason why Vista sucks.

This happens with XP and 7 all the time too.