Author Topic: Is it right that cucumberdude did this?  (Read 3059 times)

I was on cucumberdude's murder mystery server, and i thought that it would be a good strategy to IRC someone else if you died and saw who killed you. when i mentioned it on chat, he banned me for 7200 minutes. I did the math, and that's over 5 days.
I admit it's cheating, but i've done it before. and is this really the right punishment?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:25:17 PM by Badspot »

Wouldn't this go in drama?
And yes, I believe that is a fit punishment. You should know better than to cheat.

Yay for RTB 4 Beta, no IRC cheating to us yet. :cookieMonster:

I've been on the server multiple times when Cucu said that he would ban whoever cheated in that way.

So yes, I believe it's a fair punishment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as though you're angry about the fact that you got banned for cheating...

Just to be clear -

I'm pretty sure this is the guy who yelled out "If you die IRC me who it is!"

So yes, "Aniken", you were banned for being a cheating friend. You ruin the game not only for yourself but also for others.

Why would you cheat in a video game anyway? You are playing the game to have fun, by cheating your just killing the fun and the game becomes pointless and unethical.

Why would you cheat in a video game anyway? You are playing the game to have fun, by cheating your just killing the fun and the game becomes pointless and unethical.
i dont think we need to argue about this

metagaming is pretty obviously against the rules, of course you deserved it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as though you're angry about the fact that you got banned for cheating...
I DO realize that i deserve to get banned.
what stupifies me is that i was banned for 5 DAYS.
wouldn't you be pissed if it happened to you?

I DO realize that i deserve to get banned.
what stupifies me is that i was banned for 5 DAYS.
wouldn't you be pissed if it happened to you?
If that happened to me, I would just figure I got what I was asking for by cheating.

I would of perma'd you for doing that stuff.

I would have figured out a way to figure out who it was without anyone's help, but I don't even understand these servers never mind care enough to create anything like that. You were announcing "I'm a cheater, hahahaha. No more fun, I kill Cucumber's server!"

you tried to cheat on a game?
and you are surprised you were banned?

you are a richard. thats it.
i would have perma banned you. hes to nice a guy to give you 5 days

I admit it's cheating, but i've done it before. and is this really the right punishment?

So let's say for example that  you murdered someone in real life before, did you really need to get punished?

5 days? Hahah. That's much better than the usual perma ban 80% of the time. It's his server, and he can ban you for however long he pleases. You can try to PM him or something, but most likely he won't unban you in the meantime. Serve the 5 days. There are hundreds of other servers lol, it's not like you got banned from joining every server.